Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If this is a success it needs to be very close to the city. Eastern suburbs even better as the majority of your clientele will be located in this area. Kent Town, Norwood would be the best locations.

I agree.

Now I'm idly thinking of building a new home instead - not just or cars, but or a change after 15 years in the ccurrent one. Not a cheap solution that idea.  :doh:

Offline dkabab

I agree.

Now I'm idly thinking of building a new home instead - not just or cars, but or a change after 15 years in the ccurrent one. Not a cheap solution that idea.  :doh:

Remember the bat cave....  :thumbsup:

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
You'll end up filling it with your cars and have no space left to sell :)
LOL!! - my wife is already saying that with the first of 4 15x 8m sheds we are putting up! Had a brain wave today - this afternoon after posting the message, rang the shed guys to spec them with higher ceilings - I figure decent hydraulic lifters are cheap enuff atm hence I can double the amount of storage space by stacking the vehicles!  :thumbsup:

Truth be told - I have been battling Adelaide Hills Council for the last 3 years!!  :doh:

Had so much trouble putting in a pool and 2 car garage!! Joys of living in a Hills Face zone and having a significant gum tree on our block!  :waah:

Am currently in stage 2 of our project - finally progressed to public notification being a Cat 2 development whatever that means!!  Hopefully in next 6-12 months (but knowing my luck with this bloody council might be longer!!) I can engage builders to commence work on our media room, female free zone, deck and 4 car garage extension by carving into our mound of earth!  :confused:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

in about 10 months time, I'm gonna have around 3000m2 of warehouse available for rent or redevelopment... it's high enough to probably get close to 5000m2 floor space.. 10km from the city though..

10kms is not that far away really! Yes Eastern suburbs, Kent Town/Norwood would be ideal but cost of land there is exorbitant! I guess if u can keep the price down and facility secure and good enough, it could work. There is a place down in Goolwa - houses a motor museum and I think he also stores cars there for people. Not sure what the cost is though! OK if u have a holiday house etc on the Fleurieu but otherwise that is too far!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Remember the bat cave....  :thumbsup:

Yeah, needn't be that big but that's the general idea.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Truth be told - I have been battling Adelaide Hills Council for the last 3 years!!  :doh:

Dig under the garages and install a hoist system so that you can park cars under the floor, that way you can use the hoist system but no need for extra height.....or if youre on a sloping block build a split level garage.

A friend has 8 cars at least in the top floor of his split level garage at Greenhill and room for about 6 underneath.

Offline alvchua

Dig under the garages and install a hoist system so that you can park cars under the floor, that way you can use the hoist system but no need for extra height.....or if youre on a sloping block build a split level garage.

A friend has 8 cars at least in the top floor of his split level garage at Greenhill and room for about 6 underneath.
:thumbsup:

That's what my architect has proposed - we are on a sloping block and he has proposed a split level garage with pit dug underneath and hoist to double storage and to appease the minister of war and peace, she gets a larger lounge room and an entertainment deck to capitalize on our views!  :D Have also managed to factor in a "hobby room" where no females are allowed for my PS3, computers, and hopefully arcade machines to come! Thank goodness I only have daughters!! No need to share my toys!  :thumbsup:

Offline app

I've been hunting around for a lock up car storage facility with 24hr access, for the Porsche, and so far the rates are around $330-400/mth, for a 18m2 garage. Holy cow!! :eek:

Most underground car parks with swipe access (which anyone could access if they really wanted to) in Adelaide CBD costs anywhere between $200-300 a month for a single car park.

By comparison, I would have thought that was a good rate.

Offline dkabab

Yeah, needn't be that big but that's the general idea.

Bigger maybe... Turn it into a man cave

Offline hydie

:tilt: