Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Fake doo LMCT holders beware:

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/australian-tax-office-to-review-two-million-vehicle-car-sales-in-stamp-duty-cheat-crackdown/story-fnii5sms-1227159741886

Oh well....that's what the age of computers does....should be an easy exercise. I just wonder what took them so long?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Computer matching is probably the major weapon in the ATO's arsenal. As it gets more sophisticated and they share info with more government agencies both here and overseas more people will be caught in the net.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Offline M500

Use Cash or Bitcoin only :)

I read it as a registration data match not the funding source.

As 360C said, data matching is the ATO's night vision goggles to identify their targets. Interesting times for those who try to hide

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I read it as a registration data match not the funding source.

As 360C said, data matching is the ATO's night vision goggles to identify their targets. Interesting times for those who try to hide

It specifically mentions not paying stamp duty and LCT.
That's LMCT holders and not the general public.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Use Cash or Bitcoin only :)

You're our resident IT expert Jon. ;)  Didn't the ATO just make some unfavourable ruling on Bitcoin in relation to GST?

With the state of the Budget one would suggest there will be no stone unturned in trying to capture as many $'s as possible.  I reckon the temporary budget repair levy on "high" income earners will become permanent and they may even go down the route of France!!!

IMO, why they have to wait until 2020 to close the loophole that saves the big boys paying tax is ridiculous.  If you want to sell products like phones etc here and benefit from the commerce of doing so you should at least pay some Tax and give something back to the community that you a re benefiting from.  OK off soap box now. :)

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
You're our resident IT expert Jon. ;)  Didn't the ATO just make some unfavourable ruling on Bitcoin in relation to GST?

With the state of the Budget one would suggest there will be no stone unturned in trying to capture as many $'s as possible.  I reckon the temporary budget repair levy on "high" income earners will become permanent and they may even go down the route of France!!!

IMO, why they have to wait until 2020 to close the loophole that saves the big boys paying tax is ridiculous.  If you want to sell products like phones etc here and benefit from the commerce of doing so you should at least pay some Tax and give something back to the community that you a re benefiting from.  OK off soap box now. :)

to quote Kerry Packer

"I can tell you you're not spending it that well that we should be donating extra!"

Offline dkabab

Don't you need a dealer licence if you buy/sell more than 4 cars per year.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Don't you need a dealer licence if you buy/sell more than 4 cars per year.

surely that number would be too low?

anyway, I'm sure they'd let you sell 100 cars a year if you made a loss on them, but the second you make a profit they'll come knocking.

so it begs the question. what happens if someone has a car collection that is now worth a small fortune and decides to sell it?