Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Dropped the diesel off this morning for its 1st service and "update" (whatever that means), they gave me a hybrid, interesting car, the rear section is taken up with a space saving spare and looks like an afterthought. Interesting to drive, the whole re generation thing is quite special on the centre screen to watch. Zero emissions from Glen Osmond road to Mile End.
Petrol engine kicks in under heavy load, the transition between the two is clunky.
if I bought one for towing I doubt it would never be in electric mode.

Would I pay the extra 80k to buy it over mine….nope, 80K buys a lot of diesel, in current spec I get from Adelaide to Thredbo on a tankful. The ML55 needed 3 refills. Its about 1150km in total.

Only thing I can say about mine is that after 14,800 km the rear tyres are down to the wear bars. Fronts are like brand new. I opted for the 19 inch wheels, and being a diesel V6 its not exactly burn rubber stuff at the traffic lights…..so I have no idea why the rears are down so much.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Only thing I can say about mine is that after 14,800 km the rear tyres are down to the wear bars. Fronts are like brand new. I opted for the 19 inch wheels, and being a diesel V6 its not exactly burn rubber stuff at the traffic lights…..so I have no idea why the rears are down so much.

Been towing the race cars much? Could that be the reason, extra weight getting loaded on them?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Been towing the race cars much? Could that be the reason, extra weight getting loaded on them?

its done about a dozen trips to Mallala
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Wheel alignment.

its across the whole face of the tyre

Offline 9911

Combination of towing and low tyre pressure sounds like.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
Mark
I had a discussion with George at Nevco about towing the race trailer with the Cayenne, and after his advice, decided against it on the basis that it would kill the tyres because of the independent rear suspension. Beam axle is better on tyres.

Bought the beam axles G55 only to find I cant legally use the pathetic german Oris towbar rated at 140kg download. Stuck! Might have found a Hayman Reese solution but not sure until I visit the big city next week.

I would like to know more about your Hybrid Cayenne experience. My dealer has dissauded me, and suggested a diesel, but Im no fan of diesel here as the quality varies dramatically. Petrol has caused a lot less issues over the years. Id like an economical Cayenne, even though our 4.8 V8S is averaging a pretty good 11.8 litres per hundered kilometres.

The fun bit of the Hybrid would be the common trip to Margaret River from the farm, which is 20 kilometres. It might do that and back on electricity alone which would be great.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

The fun bit of the Hybrid would be the common trip to Margaret River from the farm, which is 20 kilometres. It might do that and back on electricity alone which would be great.

Really?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Mark
I had a discussion with George at Nevco about towing the race trailer with the Cayenne, and after his advice, decided against it on the basis that it would kill the tyres because of the independent rear suspension. Beam axle is better on tyres.

Bought the beam axles G55 only to find I cant legally use the pathetic german Oris towbar rated at 140kg download. Stuck! Might have found a Hayman Reese solution but not sure until I visit the big city next week.

I would like to know more about your Hybrid Cayenne experience. My dealer has dissauded me, and suggested a diesel, but Im no fan of diesel here as the quality varies dramatically. Petrol has caused a lot less issues over the years. Id like an economical Cayenne, even though our 4.8 V8S is averaging a pretty good 11.8 litres per hundered kilometres.

Returned the Hybrid, ok I went from Porker dealer at Glen Osmond road to Mile End…6km, then went around the block at work once….800 metres, then picked up Doc at Childrens Hospital and dropped her to Royal Adel Hospital and back to work….7.3 km, then went from Mile End to Porker dealer..another 6km, the Hybrid was fully charged this morning, on the return leg back the engine had to kick in cos the batteries were empty, 20.1 km on a full load, not impressed, when the engine kicked in it was charging the system by only a poofteenth, somehow I don't get it, the V6 TDI is so much better and the fact that the rear luggage area has lost 1/3 of itself with a space saver….wtf, I'm glad I went for 19's, cos I wanted a real spare in the vehicle, try towing 3500kg with a space saver…yeah right and the extra 80k on top of what mine was new last year…..that 80k buys a 360 or 2/3 of a 430GT3