Offline Cay 1

• Drives: Cayman R. VW GTI.

Offline IExperiment

In the end Peridot green was a killer (porsche Brisbane ripped there's to get rid of it), they couldn't move them. There were no specific colours as far as I know, I do know of black/white/blue/red and peridot green. Most were just ordered out of Germany on spec to dealers unsold from what I recall back when.

Steelies are a better track option given the cost of a ceramic disk if you get a stone or something in the callipers and you need to replace one.

FYI, they retailed at about $165k plus porsche options, such is black painted wheels, PCCB, XENONS, Bose, crests, alcan wheel, sports chrono, porsche sports exhaust and console plus PDK.

I remember M3 E46 when they came out early 2000 with Mello Yello/lime yellow or Lime Blue color they were nice color when they came out in early 2000, but now I would be to embarrassed to drive it unless I wear a cap and backward or your Bernard tomic age.
I purchase a dark blue 2005 Indivdual from Worthington BMW set me back 150K with 5km on the clock in 2006 and sold it to Matt Moran 6 months later with 25Km on the clock for 125K.

Canary Yellow 996 still looks decent as there not many around, but M3 E46 there quite a few of them.
Orange Lambo or McLaren still looks good cause there not many around.

Offline gwr

I know this is an old thread but I am in the market for a Porsche Cayman R.

Does anyone have one or know of one for sale?

Also, does anyone have information on the following:
- How many in total were sold in Australia?
- What colours were sold in Australia (and how many of each colour?)?
- What number were manuals and what were PDK?

Offline Cay 1

I have a document from PCA, saying 17 sold in Australia most customer orders with a few dealer orders 3 I think and very low spec and all in black, no carbon bucket seats I think they are a must.

Offline gwr

Thanks Cay 1. That's interesting. I've seen three for sale in the last 6-9months.

One was black, PDK, with buckets. Sold last week on Carsales.
One was white, PDK, with buckets. Sold about 3 months ago in Vic.
The other I can't remember, but it was also in Vic.

Someone else told me that they aware of green, blue and red cars being in Australia (at least one of each).

Do you still have yours?

Offline NBTBRV8

Thanks Cay 1. That's interesting. I've seen three for sale in the last 6-9months.

One was black, PDK, with buckets. Sold last week on Carsales.
One was white, PDK, with buckets. Sold about 3 months ago in Vic.
The other I can't remember, but it was also in Vic.

Someone else told me that they aware of green, blue and red cars being in Australia (at least one of each).

Do you still have yours?

I would have thought there were more than 17.  I have seen black, blue, red, white and green here for sale in Australia.

Offline Cay 1

Mine was green, carbon seats, PDK, sports steering wheel. and sports chrono, and factory painted wheels, sold 18 mths or so ago, and still miss it

Offline gwr

Cay 1 did you ever wish it was a manual, or were you happy with the PDK and would go for it again (from a weekend driving perspective)?

Do you mind me asking ballpark what it sold for? Do you still have the buyer's details? I wonder if he/she might be interested in parting with it...

Offline Cay 1

I would have thought there were more than 17.  I have seen black, blue, red, white and green here for sale in Australia.
All I can say is I have an email from the product manager Porsche Cars Australia stating 17, what colour porsche blue I have never seen a blue one.
Red was the colour of PCA demo car,  could not get a green, one mine was delayed from a Feb delivery until June because of the colour

Offline Cay 1

Cay 1 did you ever wish it was a manual, or were you happy with the PDK and would go for it again (from a weekend driving perspective)?

Do you mind me asking ballpark what it sold for? Do you still have the buyer's details? I wonder if he/she might be interested in parting with it...
I would never go back to a manual again, PDK is just so good. I had a manual Cayman S before the R and the two cars are so different. just try launch control. sale price was good way over 100, The R is now in Sydney, check out Porsche club NSW web site, photos of Super sprint from memory Aug 30th one Green R