Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
all new line up apparently…

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33158464

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Evans will work in England; but he is little known anywhere else around the world. I think BBC may have killed the goose that laid the barn full of golden eggs.
Wouldn't like to be the bloke who made the call to sack Clarkson; but what choice did they have?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Evans will work in England; but he is little known anywhere else around the world. I think BBC may have killed the goose that laid the barn full of golden eggs.
Wouldn't like to be the bloke who made the call to sack Clarkson; but what choice did they have?

The only option he could have had was to send Clarkson in for a mental check up. Probably would have been the smart choice if Clarkson would have gone for it.

If people wanted to watch Top Gear with different presenters Fifth Gear would have been a more popular show.

Offline JBO

Exactly - their only option would have been to send Clarkson for "counselling" and a commensurate reduction in pay as a penalty for his behaviour. And let the matter run it's course as an assault in the courts, for which Clarkson would have been given a hefty fine and no doubt a suspended sentence. They would also need to look after the bloke that got punched. Then they could have kept the franchise together.

I don't mind Evans as a guest when he's talking cars, as you can clearly see his passion and it's great to live vicariously through him, given the scope of his wealth and his amazing car collection. But I don't think I want to see him on a regular basis hosting a show.

If it was me, I'd start a new show, call it something else, and hire Sutcliffe, Harris, Bovingdon and Catchpole. Have Harry Metcalfe involved as advisor/producer and he could do the odd segment here and there. Was thinking Tiff Needle and Jason Potato as well as occasional guests but now I'm not so sure...

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline TomE

The Top Gear presenters started to look old , tired and repetitive.

I was watching it for the cars and high end production values. Not the presenters.

It's good news that they are going to try to run it with new blood. Hopefully they make it past 2 seasons.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline JBO

I'm usually an optimist but I give them one season, tops.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Clarkson had already been through multiple disciplinary sessions. If they did anything but sack him they would have been condoning his behavior.

Offline E7ITE

If networks around the world slowly stop picking up Top Gear and thus BBC start to earn less and less, thus impacting the budgets of other lower-grossing shows, I wonder if we will look back one day and say that this was the moment that started the end?

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Final ep of S22 has been done and showing next sunday in UK.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice