Offline westyexotic

All,
 Undertook a search however nothing specific could be located.
I am looking into a car bra for my C63s as several times a year the wife and I go west to visit the outlaws.

I was going with a carbra however noticed clearbras have come along way and would be a preferred option that I could live with every day.

Are the clearbras as subtle to spot as advertised?
Do they stand up to stone chips, or will they tear and look average after a strike?
Any recommendations for installers in Sydney?

Ben

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Look into Xpel Ultimate. I have it on parts of the A45 but I'm getting the entire C63s covered in either the Ultimate or Stealth. I've found it to be pretty much set-and-forget. There's no maintenance, it handles washing without any drama, and it does a great job protecting the car.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Look into Xpel Ultimate. I have it on parts of the A45 but I'm getting the entire C63s covered in either the Ultimate or Stealth. I've found it to be pretty much set-and-forget. There's no maintenance, it handles washing without any drama, and it does a great job protecting the car.

Not really set and forget. The film can be damaged by anything that can damage paint.   You need to clean off bird crap, bug splatters and anything else like that pretty quickly or the acid in it will etch the film. Every 6mths you need to apply PLEXUS or similar to remoisturise and remove fine contaminants from the film.
Look after it like that and it can last a decade or more in my experience. Neglect it and it will look crap in a few years.

Offline NBTBRV8

Not really set and forget. The film can be damaged by anything that can damage paint.   You need to clean off bird crap, bug splatters and anything else like that pretty quickly or the acid in it will etch the film. Every 6mths you need to apply PLEXUS or similar to remoisturise and remove fine contaminants from the film.
Look after it like that and it can last a decade or more in my experience. Neglect it and it will look crap in a few years.

+1, spot on.

The film does become damaged over time and I have had rocks punch through it before, but the benefits by far outweigh the hassles.  I second Plexus Plastic cleaner too, it is really good stuff.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
More than you ever wanted to know about looking after clear bras :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4JoZMVMNY

Faaaark those Singer Porsches are sexiness personified  :lovies: :lovies: