Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I'm not to sure about that. The Amarok and Ranger are dominating this field from what I can see. Both very good vehicles.
I think the stigma of Benz on a work site will be its down fall. Maybe all the wanna be developers will buy them thinking they are one of the boys.
in the rental game both Hi lux and triton are the preferred option, VW's are shitboxes with poor waranty and unreliable. Hyundai are bringing out a dual cab in the 4th quarter of this year which will compete directly with Hi lux.
IMO the benz will fit a market in Europe, fleet buyers in Aust wont want the stigma or the after warranty cost of a benz
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

and if they run that add blue shit in the diesels......people with half a brain wont buy them
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Al this crap and the R series etc have already compromised the brand but compromised it from an exclusive brand to a consumer brand......good marketing, it's just that a Merc is no longer a "Mercedes" as a Jag is no longer a "Jaguar"

Offline Joel

in the rental game both Hi lux and triton are the preferred option, VW's are shitboxes with poor waranty and unreliable. Hyundai are bringing out a dual cab in the 4th quarter of this year which will compete directly with Hi lux.
IMO the benz will fit a market in Europe, fleet buyers in Aust wont want the stigma or the after warranty cost of a benz

I can see why hilux is a preferred choice in the rental game. Triton surprises me, every site I am on these days it is Amaroks and rangers.
All the big bosses are in the high spec'd versions of these. Gone are the days of the SR5 being the choice of the boss the bang for buck is in the other brands now.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Al this crap and the R series etc have already compromised the brand but compromised it from an exclusive brand to a consumer brand......good marketing, it's just that a Merc is no longer a "Mercedes" as a Jag is no longer a "Jaguar"

a benz is only a status symbol in the subdivisions or for towing your air stream to impress the local hooker

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Who cares it will sell like crazy I bet.

+1

They will be a huge hit. It won't displace the proper 4x4 dual cab brands but they will sell into a new, higher market.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

I can see why hilux is a preferred choice in the rental game. Triton surprises me, every site I am on these days it is Amaroks and rangers.
All the big bosses are in the high spec'd versions of these. Gone are the days of the SR5 being the choice of the boss the bang for buck is in the other brands now.

After having the VW crafter which are after warranty absolute shit boxes we tried an amorok only to find those wanting to go to the Flinders Ranges requested tritons. Mining spec hi lux adds 15k to an already expensive 4x4, mitsubishi do a mining spec at 15k add making it a 41k dual cab........plus the fact in most country towns of intermediate scale have a toyota or mitsu dealer. Also mitsubishi do the 5 year warranty......that is a huge plus

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

+1

They will be a huge hit.

cost will be 45k for the poverty pack and head north after that

benz thought the Vano was going to take the market by storm...... they forgot about the iLoad,

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

a benz is only a status symbol in the subdivisions or for towing your air stream to impress the local hooker

I think they're no longer impressed by Mercs they need more........now that Andre's in town  :D

Offline Joel

cost will be 45k for the poverty pack and head north after that

benz thought the Vano was going to take the market by storm...... they forgot about the iLoad,

Now doing ridiculous deals to try off load them