Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Hey guys. I had a really odd run in with my neighbour yesterday,  and thought I'd get a 3rd party perspective on the matter. I'll try explain it as impartially as I can and see what you think.

Now I know a late 30's man should not be playing with toys but I still like to get my rc cars out for a bash from time to time.

So my next door neighbour (whom I've gotten along with for the last 8 years without issue) came out and started abusing and insulting me for driving my rc cars in the street because it upsets her dogs.

Bear in mind I don't do it in my back yard because it's impossible because her dogs go mental when I do, so I go out to the street.

I also only do it when there's no cars parked around or at odd hours, just occasionally after work or on a weekend.

So here is my question?  Is it me that is being Un neighbourly doing this in the street? Or her because she should have better trained dogs?

Obviously completely off our normal topics, but looking for some other perspective before i decide whether /how to act.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sounds like she was too strong in her complaint, but it would be unneighbourly to continue with the cars in the street. Having good relationships with your neighbours improves your enjoyment of life, don't you think?

Online looney

Sounds like she was too strong in her complaint, but it would be unneighbourly to continue with the cars in the street. Having good relationships with your neighbours improves your enjoyment of life, don't you think?

Agreed, i want neighbourhood harmony. But i have left some other details out so as not to be seen to be skewing the topic. After a few comments I'll give some more details.

It then poses the question of whether I can do it in my own yard too.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Complain to her about the barking of her dogs. Councils hate excessive barking.

Keep on playing with your cars

Or suggest she buys noise canceling headphones for her dogs

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Complain to her about the barking of her dogs. Councils hate excessive barking.

Keep on playing with your cars

Or suggest she buys noise canceling headphones for her dogs

lol
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Having a full time job managing different personalities in a complex where I own a property my sister lives in and suffering the horrors of being on the owners corp committee I advise you take the RC to the park and avoid any serious conflict until it's really needed. Don't make enemies with a neighbour unless absolutely necessary and running a RC doesn't fall into that category.

Online looney

Points taken.

So how about the fact now that her dogs are always barking, and menacing.  It doesn't bother me, but scares my girlfriend when she comes home while the dogs are there. She can never make it to the door without being barked and scowled at.

One of the neighbours has been charged by the one of the dogs when they left the gate open,  and I actually had to jump the fence to help the neighbour when the wolf hound had grabbed a dog walking past the fence and began to maul it and drag it through the fence?

Does that paint a different picture at all?

I've personally bitten my tongue about her dogs for years, but yesterday highlighted the glass houses issue to me.

Not excusing the toy cars now, but trying to indicate what the dogs are like.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok that's different, how old is she ? Is she alone ?

Online looney

Ok that's different, how old is she ? Is she alone ?

Yeah I didn't want to skew it and try to push my own barrow.

She would be late 60's  she and her husband are at home 24/7

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty