Offline blossomboofy

Does anyone know who can do a compliance on a 2012 McLaren which would come out of the UK if I buy it. Thanks

Offline benders

Can that be imported other than a personal vehicle import  ?

Didn't know they were on the list http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

Offline blossomboofy

Can that be imported other than a personal vehicle import  ?

Didn't know they were on the list http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

No, I can't see it on the list either...... I was just hoping there was a way to use it here - when you look at the price differential in the UK it seems significant.

Offline benders

No, I can't see it on the list either...... I was just hoping there was a way to use it here - when you look at the price differential in the UK it seems significant.

Race rally use import will be your only option

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Don't bother - leave it there - next!!!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Don't bother - leave it there - next!!!

Yup, you will own the thing for life if you take that option.

Offline bobbo

• Only car brand starting with "F" that I can afFord

• Drives: Badly
It's a lot easier to store it in the UK and take half a dozen trips there each year to use it. That way you also don't have to pay the government 33% LCT for the privilege either so it can also end up cheaper.

Even better is to get a LHD one and keep it in Germany...

Offline blossomboofy

Thanks guys, I guess I have to save more for an Aussie one?
Maybe new ones will come down significantly when/if the new laws come in, in 2018 therefore forcing the second hand prices down?
 You would think that with the price differential on second hand ones that someone would start importing "grey" ones and complianceing them..... just like they did with early Lamborghini Gallardos?

Offline bobbo

• Only car brand starting with "F" that I can afFord

• Drives: Badly
The other thing to keep in mind is the difference between what they are advertised for and what they actually sell for in Australia. The relatively small numbers on offer means that people can try to manipulate the market by high balling the asking price.

Offline blossomboofy

The other thing to keep in mind is the difference between what they are advertised for and what they actually sell for in Australia. The relatively small numbers on offer means that people can try to manipulate the market by high balling the asking price.

I agree, it seems "strange" that the Financial Review advertises McLaren "From $347,000 (odd) drive away" and yet the cheapest McLaren in car sales is $299,000. O.K. I know the options count but I would have thought that the pricing is not lining up - I know it is very hard to sell Gallardos at the moment...... some have been on there for over 6 months.