Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Next time try skipping Lorne and advertising. ;)

The run to Apollo Bay coming out at Skenes Creek is a great drive and not as much traffic. :thumbsup:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Next time try skipping Lorne and advertising. ;)

The run to Apollo Bay coming out at Skenes Creek is a great drive and not as much traffic. :thumbsup:

I agree but needed breakfast (normally I stop in Anglesea). Always cops at Skenes Creek but generally you have a clear run between Lorne and Skenes.

Just annoyed me that we were actually targeted - but got lucky this time

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I agree but needed breakfast (normally I stop in Anglesea). Always cops at Skenes Creek but generally you have a clear run between Lorne and Skenes.

Which car did you take?

Oops that was will question.....
May the Horse be with you....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I was watching Highway Patrol (or whatever it's called) last night and it showed VicPlod lasering cars near Healesville while hiding in the bushes in camo gear. That's just sad. The cop refused to show the speeder the speed recorded on the gun. That's plain wrong. If I lived in Victoria, I'd be writing to my local member.

Offline David B

I lost my keeness about GOR when reading so many tourists from china were killing locals that they are considering painting arrows on the road to "remind" overseas visitors which side of the road to keep travelling on.

I kid you not!!!

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Agree, It's totally wrong.  Glad you beat them.

Haven't been there for a while, I think last time I was there they had reduced the speed limit from 100kph to 80kph and I'm sure I heard they are now looking to drop it to 60kph.  Probably due to what David mentioned re tourists. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we seem to be legislating to the lowest common denominator!!  You should show them the video CM posted of the Porsche at Targa and say there was plenty left. :)

Mark, yes they are in camo gear and also hide in the bushes.  It's all about safety of course!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I lost my keeness about GOR when reading so many tourists from china were killing locals that they are considering painting arrows on the road to "remind" overseas visitors which side of the road to keep travelling on.

I kid you not!!!
Yep last couple of times I've been down there ,been real nervous around the Great Otway area,just do silly things .

Around the 12 Apostles ,pure danger ..doing U turns ,stopping in the middle of the road ,turning onto the highway the wrong way,where all scene it happen.

This time last year ,I nearly lost the front of the E-Type to a Toyota...good driving saved the day.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Agree, It's totally wrong.  Glad you beat them.

Haven't been there for a while, I think last time I was there they had reduced the speed limit from 100kph to 80kph and I'm sure I heard they are now looking to drop it to 60kph.  Probably due to what David mentioned re tourists. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we seem to be legislating to the lowest common denominator!!  You should show them the video CM posted of the Porsche at Targa and say there was plenty left. :)

Mark, yes they are in camo gear and also hide in the bushes.  It's all about safety of course!

Yes they have dropped some area's to 60km/h. I only do GOR when I have OS visitors and I want to show them the area. Otherwise VIC is generally out of bounds for me. Its utterly over the top here :(

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I was watching Highway Patrol (or whatever it's called) last night and it showed VicPlod lasering cars near Healesville while hiding in the bushes in camo gear. That's just sad. The cop refused to show the speeder the speed recorded on the gun. That's plain wrong. If I lived in Victoria, I'd be writing to my local member.

Er, they have to show you the speed recorded on the gun if you deny you were speeding..............

I'd be taking that one to court!