Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In theory. I had photo's of the f*rkers hiding behind a 4wd and sent them into the ethics part of VIC Pol. After weeks I get a BS response and some idiot from the local area calls me and leaves a message. I try call her back and get nothing. Go back to ethics division and another idiot then calls me. Says the area is a "dangerous" area. I asked for 5 years data proving it. Still nothing after 6 months so I let it go as an exercise in futility

So much for "black spots" - they target you where they can get $'s

They can put up a sign pretty much where they like though..............and I could they target $$$$$$s, they will never say they do but the governments around Australia budget for about $2Bil from fines, etc. 

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

governments around Australia budget for about $2Bil from fines, etc.
Nail. Head!!

I don't blame the Police, in general they are only enforcing what the Government have legislated.

Mind you, having said that I think many of the Highway Patrol have a chip on their shoulders.

Good example was a few years back when pulled over for doing around 120kph in the 308.  The Police Officer was a local Sargent in the country.  To keep it short I said I didn't realise I was speeding, speedo was in MPH to which he replied, you weren't being silly, it's a straight road, take it easy and slow down.  He said "If I had of been Highway Patrol you'd have the book thrown at you".

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Nail. Head!!

I don't blame the Police, in general they are only enforcing what the Government have legislated.

Mind you, having said that I think many of the Highway Patrol have a chip on their shoulders.

Good example was a few years back when pulled over for doing around 120kph in the 308.  The Police Officer was a local Sargent in the country.  To keep it short I said I didn't realise I was speeding, speedo was in MPH to which he replied, you weren't being silly, it's a straight road, take it easy and slow down.  He said "If I had of been Highway Patrol you'd have the book thrown at you".

In my opinion a lot of their reaction is in response to the attitude that you show them. If you are polite and cooperative you stand a much better chance of them using some discretion, provided you were not doing anything ridiculous. Remember these guys cop attitude from virtually everybody that they stop - all day, every day. Imagine working in a job where you had to put up with abuse from everybody you interacted with for the entire working day :sadnana:
As Brettski said, they are just enforcing the law that is set by faceless government bodies.

I was once let off with just a warning when I was 30kmh over the limit very late one night. I was the only car on the road and it wasn't remotely unsafe; but in Victoria that is seize your car and instant loss of license.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I was once let off with just a warning when I was 30kmh over the limit very late one night. I was the only car on the road and it wasn't remotely unsafe; but in Victoria that is seize your car and instant loss of license.

That was probably a very long time ago before it got absurd.

I have NO sympathy for them at all. They can refuse as a group to back such ridiculous laws as it affects their job "happiness", its deceitful and it causes non- co-operation from the public etc etc. That's what a union is for.

Instead they take it to the limit i.e. hide in bushes, ping you for jay walking, ping you because you cross when the "man" is flashing red etc etc.

Problems is we are a population just cop this sh*t.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car

I have NO sympathy for them at all. They can refuse as a group to back such ridiculous laws as it affects their job "happiness", its deceitful and it causes non- co-operation from the public etc etc. That's what a union is for.

Instead they take it to the limit i.e. hide in bushes, ping you for jay walking, ping you because you cross when the "man" is flashing red etc etc.

I'm with Shack.

How did that NWA song go?
May the Horse be with you....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Would have been 10 years ago I guess.
I stick to the speed limits in Victoria, have done for years because it isn't worth the angst. Last time I got pulled over was about
2 months ago in the Speciale, it was some sort of number plate scanner set up a km or so earlier. I knew there couldn't be a problem so I said to the Cop "What for?" as I put the window down. He said "It's all right mate, I just want to have a bit of a look".
Turned out he was a bit of a gear head and we had a good old chat for about 5 mins on the side of the road :)

Offline 98octane

I'm with Shack.

How did that NWA song go?

Don't blame the police. Instead, vote for politicians who promise to change the policies and wind back over policing and regulation. There's usually only one side of politics interested in small(er) government.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Don't blame the police. Instead, vote for politicians who promise to change the policies and wind back over policing and regulation. There's usually only one side of politics interested in small(er) government.

Yeah but some of those Highway patrol guys get a little too much pleasure  out of handing out the tickets though......

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Yeah but some of those Highway patrol guys get a little too much pleasure  out of handing out the tickets though......
If we were all smart we would all,take the matters to court,fill the courts with fine cases,clog them up .

and then do as I do pay $5 a month.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

If we were all smart we would all,take the matters to court,fill the courts with fine cases,clog them up .

and then do as I do pay $5 a month.

100% correct - very simple solution