Offline supercar novice

Hello

Long time reader ; first time poster, and car lover, from Perth.

Hoping you guys out there will be able to help me. I currently own a 2007 MY08 Porsche Carrera S which I adore, but am looking to upgrade. Recently sold a property and a business, so am contemplating supercar ownership.

Thing is... it would be a daily driver. I have often wondered about the practicality and sense, on a number of levels, of driving around in a F430 or Gallardo every day.

Basically, my questions are:

If I buy a 2010 / 2011 Ferrari or Lambo with, say, 15000 kms on it, will I be left with a car in a few years time that I wont be able to sell privately  after I've put another 30,000kms on it? I intend to actually drive the car as my primary source of transportation, and enjoy it. I clock about 15,000kms per year in day-to-day life.

If I use it as a trade-in, will the dealer get cheeky and really screw down the price, because they know these types of cars with 40,000+ kms on them are relatively difficult to sell on the open market?

I'm keen to hear from any daily drivers out there of late / late-ish models and those who have then gone on to sell them.

Would also love to hear from anyone with any feedback / associated experience.

Thanx guys.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
buy it drive its pants off and you will get cheeper $ per KM use of a Fezza around.

Its the guys that buy them but 2000km on them in 2 years that cop the hiding

yes yours will sell for less but you would have had so much more use out of it the extra depreciation wont be an issue.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I had the 430 F1 for a while and it as bulletproof. Always bought the extra factory warranty and never had to use it. Got rid of it just under 30k and there was not real penalty. At 25k the engine really opens up and its fantastic. These cars are meant for enjoyment so yes drive it to enjoy it.

Offline supercar novice

buy it drive its pants off and you will get cheeper $ per KM use of a Fezza around.

Its the guys that buy them but 2000km on them in 2 years that cop the hiding

yes yours will sell for less but you would have had so much more use out of it the extra depreciation wont be an issue.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I've ran supercars as daily drivers in Perth. Perfect city for it - good dry weather and big accessible smooth roads.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline supercar novice

I've ran supercars as daily drivers in Perth. Perfect city for it - good dry weather and big accessible smooth roads.

Andecorp,

Have you sold a 40,000km+ Ferrari or Lambo from and / or in Perth?

If so, were you happy with the price and did it take forever to sell?

Cheers

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Andecorp,

Have you sold a 40,000km+ Ferrari or Lambo from and / or in Perth?

If so, were you happy with the price and did it take forever to sell?

Cheers
The highest mileage one I sold had 60,000. Just like all the cars I sell, it sold to the first person that contacted me and saw it. But I always keep my cars in absolute showroom condition (total OCD) regardless of cost and when I sell, I get the best dealer trade-in price and then list mine between that dealer price and lower than any other car listed for sale. Because of those reasons, I sell them that easily and quick.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline supercar novice

The highest mileage one I sold had 60,000. Just like all the cars I sell, it sold to the first person that contacted me and saw it. But I always keep my cars in absolute showroom condition (total OCD) regardless of cost and when I sell, I get the best dealer trade-in price and then list mine between that dealer price and lower than any other car listed for sale. Because of those reasons, I sell them that easily and quick.

Cheers for that. That's good insight for me. Selling a F430 or 2001 Gallardo anytime soon?