Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Holy Hell!!!!

I could have purchased a few of these in the USA for around $US40k a few years back. I should have grabbed them.  :(

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Holy Hell!!!!

I could have purchased a few of these in the USA for around $US40k a few years back. I should have grabbed them.  :(

I find the notion of somebody paying half a million bucks for one of those frankly hilarious. I bet you didn't buy them because they were shit? Guess what, time hasn't changed the situation and they are STILL shit :p

There are very few here……………. because they were shit and nobody wanted them in period.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I find the notion of somebody paying half a million bucks for one of those frankly hilarious. I bet you didn't buy them because they were shit? Guess what, time hasn't changed the situation and they are STILL shit :p

There are very few here……………. because they were shit and nobody wanted them in period.
Yes, but look how gorgeous they are!
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

At the time $40k was still a bit over the top but they are pretty rare even in the US. Nobody may have wanted them here or in Europe but they loved them to bits in the US.

The other reason was you could get 2 or 3 Pantera's for around the same money or about 40 Mustangs........   :p

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa

They just look evil lol

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Yes, but look how gorgeous they are!

One of the very few positive attributes :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

At the time $40k was still a bit over the top but they are pretty rare even in the US. Nobody may have wanted them here or in Europe but they loved them to bits in the US.

The other reason was you could get 2 or 3 Pantera's for around the same money or about 40 Mustangs........   :p

Even with values as they currently are, I think that was the correct choice to make.
I remember Mustangs in period…………………….. they were shit too, same as our local hero cars the GTHO and Monaro. In comparison to the best from Europe they were so far behind that they were in a different Universe. I recall being taken for a passenger ride in a Mustang in my early teenage years, so would have been in the mid 1970's probably. I had already had a couple of passenger rides in various Ferraris owned by friends and/or business contacts of my father, so I had some exposure to the best of the era. I can still remember thinking what a POS the thing was. It sounded great and went moderately quick in a straight line; but show it a corner or anything that required brake retardation and the show went spastic pretty quickly :p

So Mondi, I reckon you were better off having 40 Mustangs that were somewhat shitty; but were in demand and sold rather than one of these things that were decidedly shitty AND expensive and unpopular i.e. Saleproof :p 

Offline Tiger

I know of a De Tomaso Pantera yellow LHD not been touched for years sat in a corner of a workshop in Adelaide.
Roll on summer

Offline Tiger

So reading between the lines here I get the feeling you’re not a fan then?
Roll on summer