• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I think they might have made Alvin get one here.. Alvin are you around?
SA - it's 4 cars then you have to get an LMCT - I got rung by a compliance officer as I had sold 8 BMWs in one year!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

SA - it's 4 cars then you have to get an LMCT - I got rung by a compliance officer as I had sold 8 BMWs in one year!

They must not be as strict over there, that would have landed you a fine in Victoria...........

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
how is that fair and reasonable though? surely if you could show that you're a collector and you happen to be selling cars off because (insert reason here, old age, medical bills, cant keep maintaining them etc etc) how could they fine you? does that mean by law you cant clear out a car collection unless you do it over years and years?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

how is that fair and reasonable though? surely if you could show that you're a collector and you happen to be selling cars off because (insert reason here, old age, medical bills, cant keep maintaining them etc etc) how could they fine you? does that mean by law you cant clear out a car collection unless you do it over years and years?

It's the law. I tried the "I'm a collector" line once, didn't work.

If you want to get rid of a collection, I guess an Auction would be one way to do it................

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
That's gotta be a load of crap. I've got 5 cars as it is ... And probably do a round of sales every couple of years and replace them all with newer ones.  So when I'm a bit richer and have a few more ... Surely it's entirely up to me how many cars I have and sell every year provided they are for private use and I can prove it.  Mother in law, father in law, commuter 1, commuter 2, doggie wagon, family wagon, and Diablo ...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That's gotta be a load of crap. I've got 5 cars as it is ... And probably do a round of sales every couple of years and replace them all with newer ones.  So when I'm a bit richer and have a few more ... Surely it's entirely up to me how many cars I have and sell every year provided they are for private use and I can prove it.  Mother in law, father in law, commuter 1, commuter 2, doggie wagon, family wagon, and Diablo ...

From fair trading NSW:

Offences
Unlicensed motor dealing in NSW is an offence and can result in the issue of a penalty notice of $5,500 or prosecution with a maximum penalty of $110,000. In the case of a second or subsequent offence, the maximum penalty is $110,000 or imprisonment for 12 months, or both. A court may also order a person convicted of unlicensed motor dealing to forfeit any proceeds made from any vehicles sold.
It is also an offence in NSW to interfere with an odometer reading by either altering the reading, removing or replacing the odometer or rendering the odometer inoperative or inactive by any means. Odometer interference can result in prosecution with a maximum penalty of $22,000 and you may also be liable to pay the losses of a purchaser through civil action.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm not sure about NSW but this is straight from the Act here is Vic........

7A   Deemed trading in motor cars
   (1)   A person who buys, sells or exchanges, or offers to buy, sell or exchange, 4 or more motor cars in any period of 12 months (whether as a principal or as an agent) is deemed to be a motor car trader carrying on a business of trading in motor cars.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I'm not sure about NSW but this is straight from the Act here is Vic........

I guess I'm a dealer!
I love my car. Buy your own