Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Great video...and it's free!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LhUzL3qdU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LhUzL3qdU</a>
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Great video...and it's free!

:thumbsup:

AE road trip anyone?  I'd like to check out the roads in the South of France and Spain next time I'm over there. I like that guy's videos too.  Less ego than Harris.

The start of the video sounds great with all that exhaust. Picking up the sound from a GoPro next to the tailpipe does the trick. Pity it isn't actually quite the same as the windy sound you get in the cabin but hey, it sounds good on the vid.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
the current Boxster S is really as much car as you'd ever need, It really has shaken off the Hairdressers stigma IMO

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
the current Boxster S is really as much car as you'd ever need, It really has shaken off the Hairdressers stigma IMO

Thinking the same way these days. Does everything so well with minimal hassle and maintenance. Must be the best bang for buck car on the market.

:thumbsup:

AE road trip anyone? 

As soon as I read that, the song, "Life is a Highway," came into my head. Seems like the perfect theme song for you these days. #jealous

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
does the exhaust on the boxster really pop/crackle/burble whatever you want to call it as much as that on the overrun?

I realise its the sports exhaust and not the standard one, but still it seems an almost annoying amount

Wouldn't you only want to do it occasionally, when at high revs? In the video its doing it when he takes his foot off at 3000rpm

edit: I watched another review which suggests it only makes that noise in sports+ mode
I keep forgetting these new fangled cars have different settings for things

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

does the exhaust on the boxster really pop/crackle/burble whatever you want to call it as much as that on the overrun?

I realise its the sports exhaust and not the standard one, but still it seems an almost annoying amount

Yes, it crackles that much but unless you have your head 3 inches from the tailpipe, it isn't as loud as that.  I've never found it annoying but I could see some might, in which as you just switch it back to standard.

The exhaust automatically switches to noisy in both Sport and Sports Plus but can be turned off any time using the button.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
About 6 years from now the 981 boxster and cayman are going to be outrageous bargains. Especially the cayman.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.