Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
A well written piece and some great photos. All these years later, nothing has the presence of a Phantom.
I didn't get the whole RR thing when Phantom was released…I do now.
The next one has a lot to live up to and Frankel's comments at the end sum up perfectly what the replacement needs to achieve.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/rolls-royce-phantom-bidding-farewell-luxury-legend

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
Some may disagree but that coupe is the best looking phantom.

Offline dkabab

Offline JBO

Some may disagree but that coupe is the best looking phantom.

No question.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Ok I may get flamed for this.

But looking at that interior, it somehow has that feel of being a little overly styled to be somewhat retro or different to regular automotive offerings, and for some reason reminds me of a BMW Mini or new Fiat 500 interior.

Obviously the fit and finish would be second to none,  just a vibe I got looking at those pics .

And nice to see someone spec'd it in purple.  Purple is one of the most under represented car colours (and one of my favourites) IMO.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

A used Phantom would make a great cruiser. I love my little Wraith but even the smallest modern Rolls is too big for daily city use.

I'm guessing the replacement for the Phantom will be a hybrid but it really should be a full electric. Zero power plant vibration, instant torque and utter drivetrain smoothness.

Offline E7ITE

Offline JBO

A used Phantom would make a great cruiser. I love my little Wraith but even the smallest modern Rolls is too big for daily city use.

I'm guessing the replacement for the Phantom will be a hybrid but it really should be a full electric. Zero power plant vibration, instant torque and utter drivetrain smoothness.

Surely the only time ever a Wraith has been referred to as "little"!