Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
now now!

Yes you're right. ... Now is better than later.

Maybe you can bring up 25% again?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS

I can't believe I'm saying this, but as you're looking for a 360 there is no need to consider an import.
There are so many already here that you should be able to get a good one regardless.

Other models, on the other hand...

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
Thanks guy.
There are a few cars for sale but can't seem to find any in the specs I m after.
But as I said no rush, i m sure I ll find one soon enough.
Do you guys think these cars drop much in value?

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
Thanks guy.
There are a few cars for sale but can't seem to find any in the specs I m after.

Personally I think they're at the bottom of the curve now. It's hard to imagine them getting cheaper.

You should be able to find what you want if you are patient. There are plenty around.

Offline serge

• Drives: 360 Spider
I can't believe I'm saying this, but as you're looking for a 360 there is no need to consider an import.
There are so many already here that you should be able to get a good one regardless.

Other models, on the other hand...
slim picking on carsales given all the parameters described above, no red manual coupes at all. A few spiders though, asking big bucks. Most are imports.
still no need to consider them?

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
Personally I think they're at the bottom of the curve now. It's hard to imagine them getting cheaper.

You should be able to find what you want if you are patient. There are plenty around.
I believe the same with pricing, but the prices they are asking is more than what's it's worth I think.
Should be atleast 10% cheaper?
I ll simply stick to my configuration.
Although I would love a 430 but simply it's a bit too much for me.

Offline serge

• Drives: 360 Spider
Thanks guy.
dealers and mechanics might know people toying with the idea of selling their car if they get what they want for it (which is usually far too much). When I was looking for one, a dealer in Brisbane put me in touch with a guy 'selling' his azzurro california spider (very rare colour for 360) for $140k, no offers. I laughed and walked away, paid a LOT less for my car in the end. I bet that guy still has the car, waiting for a sucker.
As for the depreciation curve, i'm with Steve - can't see them getting cheaper with the way UK prices and exchange rate are going at the moment.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I've owned many 360's from 2002-2005 all of them were F1.

I've never had a F1 pump go on a 360 ever... Ever!!!

2003 -2005 are pretty good, sure there is a delay compared to today's ferraris but I'd hardly call it terrible and unreliable.

I had an issue with a 2002 f1 with 15000km many years ago, it had issues of dropping into neutral sometimes while changing gears. It was diagnosed as an issue with the clutch it self that was faulty and had developed a crack in the clutch meat.

Clutch change on a 360 is cheaper than most modern clutches anyway... It's still a single clutch. Once you get into cars with DMF and Double Clutches prices get crazy.

I've seen F1 clutches fail within 1000km, and I've seen them last over 100 000km in Europe, it all comes down to how the driver drives it and usually nothing more.

With f1 vs manual clutch. I don't see the point of buying the latest and greatest car with a style of changing cogs that has been around since the 1800's. No matter what the 'delay' in changing gears is, even the f355 f1 system changes gears faster than you can doing it yourself. Just my opinion, if you want the feel of tradition, then there is no way of talking you out of it. But to compare a completely different brand, style,car, technology, age to another isn't really comparing apples with apples.

On the topic of clutch ware, I spoke with other lambo owners at Phillip Island on Tuesday, we all came to the conclusion that the Internet is full of shit about egear/f1 clutches. Out of everyone I spoke to, no one has owned a Ferrari or Lamborghini with auto clutch that has needed to be changed before 40 000km. However the Internet "experts" will say everywhere that they don't last even 10 000km.  Yes I had one that failed at 15 000km, but that was a fault with the clutch it self, from memory it still had more than 50% meat left according to the computer print out.

If you want the manual feel, get a manual car. If you want the latest and greatest technology available for the car at the time, then f1 is the only way to go.

Still above all you should drive both and make a decision then, instead of making a decision based on your experience with a BMW saloon car that couldn't possibly be anymore different to a Ferrari. Unless you just simply want a manual because you can? I've only said what I've said because of the explanation why you don't want a Ferrari F1 which from my POV doesn't really make sense.

Good luck with your search and keep us updated. And welcome to the forum
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Actually i think they've actually been going up again over the last 12 months from my observations