Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
what a showoff, could've simply put it behind the seats :)
if I'm honest, apart from being a bit low and poor fuel economy, the car is very usable. I take it to the supermarket, meet friends at the airport (1 at a time I must say), drove it to work a couple of times - very easy car to live with.

Fuel consumption doesnt matter. i made up my mind after reading all the above info.
hopefully i will get this before i turn 30. its waiting game from now on for the right one.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Have you considered annual servicing and maintenance costs?
People here have a rule of thumb for this, and encourage people to factor it in to the purchase cost.
$3000 a year rings a bell for one of these, but I'm sure one of our resident Ferrari mechanics can comments, and I believe thats if you use an independent, which on a car of that age I am sure you would.

Also, maybe it was mentioned, but owning a Ferrari under 30, presumably you have checked you can get insurance?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Have you considered annual servicing and maintenance costs?
People here have a rule of thumb for this, and encourage people to factor it in to the purchase cost.
$3000 a year rings a bell for one of these, but I'm sure one of our resident Ferrari mechanics can comments, and I believe thats if you use an independent, which on a car of that age I am sure you would.

Also, maybe it was mentioned, but owning a Ferrari under 30, presumably you have checked you can get insurance?

I got insurance for a 360 back when I was 22, and it was cheaper to insure than my old R33 at the time lol but that was nearly 6 years ago now.

Off the top of my head, cam belts every 3-5 years (depends if your mechanic tried to rip you off, but most belts are easily fine for 5 years in Australia (3 years is more for cold climates where it snows and drops below freezing) costs about $1000-$1500 depending on mechanic, annual service is about $1000 depending on the type of service, but average about $1000. As I've said before over the years, servicing/maintaining a 360 will cost less than a servicing/maintaining a Merc. Unless you buy a shit box that hasn't been maintained properly over the years and things are all due at once...
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Off the top of my head, cam belts every 3-5 years (depends if your mechanic tried to rip you off, but most belts are easily fine for 5 years in Australia (3 years is more for cold climates where it snows and drops below freezing) costs about $1000-$1500 depending on mechanic, annual service is about $1000 depending on the type of service, but average about $1000. As I've said before over the years, servicing/maintaining a 360 will cost less than a servicing/maintaining a Merc. Unless you buy a shit box that hasn't been maintained properly over the years and things are all due at once...

Those numbers sound low to me.... but I've never owned a 360
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I got insurance for a 360 back when I was 22, and it was cheaper to insure than my old R33 at the time lol but that was nearly 6 years ago now.

sounds about right…….what we all fail to remember is that the belts are sitting on a shelf for how long, possibly too long and these days they have kevlar in them, chances of breaking one are pretty remote, the bigger problem is the tensioner bearing which needs replacing with one from Hill Engineering through Ricambi.

And change the oil in the gear box and engine on a very regular basis
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

sounds about right…….what we all fail to remember is that the belts are sitting on a shelf for how long, possibly too long and these days they have kevlar in them, chances of breaking one are pretty remote, the bigger problem is the tensioner bearing which needs replacing with one from Hill Engineering through Ricambi.

And change the oil in the gear box and engine on a very regular basis

Yup and the power steering fluid. I recently saw a 2002 Aussie delivered 360 with the original fluid still in it. Steering was heavy and crunching. Car had done less than 1000km. The fluid was like a thick soup. The whole system was solid lol

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Those numbers sound low to me.... but I've never owned a 360

To be honest I over estimated the costs a little just to make them whole numbers. Take it to main dealer and you'd be up for easily 5-10 times as much... More often and with apprentices working on your car.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
To be honest I over estimated the costs a little just to make them whole numbers. Take it to main dealer and you'd be up for easily 5-10 times as much... More often and with apprentices working on your car.

I'm staggered it's that cheap to service a 360 if it's done by the book. I do mean by the book! Not just an oil change.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I'm staggered it's that cheap to service a 360 if it's done by the book. I do mean by the book! Not just an oil change.

He's pretty much on the money, challenge cars are even cheaper……less electronic crap in them
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Oil change, go to repco or supercheap and do it yourself for ~$150 lol

A little more involved with newer cars, but Ferrari Sydney gives free schedule servicing for free for 5 years anyway lol.

Cars are simple, not having a go at anyone, but being a mechanic isn't exactly brain surgery, main dealers tend to make it sound harder (and more expensive) than it is, and that goes for all brands not just exotics.

A good mechanic with sd2/3 access can do anything on a 360 as good or better than a dealer. Fly all your parts in from North America or Europe and get the cost down further if you aren't pressed for time.

If I had spare time I'd do all the work myself. I only take my cars to "professionals" because of lack of time. At least if I do it myself, I know it's been done properly. That's of corse if you are one that has a mechanical mind and enjoys working things out yourself.  Having said that almost everything you ever have to do on a 360 (even to rebuild them from the ground up) is available online. With Google and YouTube you can accomplish anything lol