Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Manual 360's and 430's tend to get a worse resale than f1's as well. They tend to sit around longer waiting for a buyer.

If you are worried about depreciation in a 360, then don't worry. As the others have said, they are close to the bottom of their pricing curve. They have been around the current price for more than two years now and certain specs of 360's have gone up in price a little.

You get what you pay for though. If you pick one up for under $100k, expect it to be rough and needing costly repairs,
Or get one for $130-$150's and it should be fairly fresh and sorted out which may hopefully result in a more positive ownership experience.

I've mentioned it in other threads already, but at the end of last year I got rid of my last 360 spiders. They both had ~30 000km, both f1, black/tan, red/tan, both UK imports, both were completely sorted out and drove right and they sold for mid $130's and low $140's. A good car is a good car and will always get a premium price.

Judge a car on its own merits, not on if it was sold brand new in Australia or overseas. They are both used cars ranging from 9-15 years old,
They are both Ferrari, they are identical in every way from certain regions. An Aus delivered 360 and an import for a while now are also at the same price point. They will never be collectors cars!!!
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Actually i think they've actually been going up again over the last 12 months from my observations

Yup I've noticed that as well and mentioned it in my post just after yours. But it's not a blanket rule, but the better examples have moved up in price a bit.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
Manual 360's and 430's tend to get a worse resale than f1's as well. They tend to sit around longer waiting for a buyer.

If you are worried about depreciation in a 360, then don't worry. As the others have said, they are close to the bottom of their pricing curve. They have been around the current price for more than two years now and certain specs of 360's have gone up in price a little.

You get what you pay for though. If you pick one up for under $100k, expect it to be rough and needing costly repairs,
Or get one for $130-$150's and it should be fairly fresh and sorted out which may hopefully result in a more positive ownership experience.

I've mentioned it in other threads already, but at the end of last year I got rid of my last 360 spiders. They both had ~30 000km, both f1, black/tan, red/tan, both UK imports, both were completely sorted out and drove right and they sold for mid $130's and low $140's. A good car is a good car and will always get a premium price.

Judge a car on its own merits, not on if it was sold brand new in Australia or overseas. They are both used cars ranging from 9-15 years old,
They are both Ferrari, they are identical in every way from certain regions. An Aus delivered 360 and an import for a while now are also at the same price point. They will never be collectors cars!!!
Thanks Wattens,
I believe in paying more for a well looked after car than pick up a cheap rough car.
I enjoy manual cars in general so I ll stick to the manual version with the 360. I have yet to drive the f1 on the 360, I might prefer f1 over manual.
Overall if this is my first ferrari would you say this is a good choice?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

The 360 is an extremely easy car to drive, park and maintain. Parts are fairly cheap and as they are pretty common, lots of mechanics can work on them. Computer work is a bit of a hassle but in Sydney at least there are quite a few options for computer work. If you do have an issue with a 360 in the future, google and forums are your best friend.

But as a first Ferrari, it is a perfect introduction car because of its price point and availability of spares and options. Also they aren't too heavily dependent on electronics like the later ferraris are.

I would definately look for 2003-2005 model as they just drive better and have more faults fixed than the earlier cars, should have less things going wrong if that makes sense? Factory ironed out some issues after learning from the earlier 99 and 2000 models
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline schmik325

major factor with recent pricing is the number of cars for sale.

About this time last yr there were about 65 360's on carsales for sale. At the moment there are 32.

Offline F1V10

The 360 is an extremely easy car to drive, park and maintain. Parts are fairly cheap and as they are pretty common, lots of mechanics can work on them. Computer work is a bit of a hassle but in Sydney at least there are quite a few options for computer work. If you do have an issue with a 360 in the future, google and forums are your best friend.

But as a first Ferrari, it is a perfect introduction car because of its price point and availability of spares and options. Also they aren't too heavily dependent on electronics like the later ferraris are.

I would definately look for 2003-2005 model as they just drive better and have more faults fixed than the earlier cars, should have less things going wrong if that makes sense? Factory ironed out some issues after learning from the earlier 99 and 2000 models

Sounds good.
Really appreciate sharing the experience and knowledge.
It might take a few months before I can find one..
Very excited but I think it's worth the wait.

Offline schmik325

LOL, this guy has your car and a few youtube clips of his ownership experience.

Some bits are funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYdF8egqv4

Offline F1V10

LOL, this guy has your car and a few youtube clips of his ownership experience.

Some bits are funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYdF8egqv4
its a funny video.
its exactly how i wanted specs wise and i would also like black leather with red lining interior and everything else remains the same

Offline schmik325

Check his youtube channel.

One of them has him strapping a plasma TV to the roof to get it home from Best Buy

Offline serge

• Drives: 360 Spider
Check his youtube channel.

One of them has him strapping a plasma TV to the roof to get it home from Best Buy
what a showoff, could've simply put it behind the seats :)
if I'm honest, apart from being a bit low and poor fuel economy, the car is very usable. I take it to the supermarket, meet friends at the airport (1 at a time I must say), drove it to work a couple of times - very easy car to live with.