Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline 355Aussie

There is no cheap Ferrari.

You should have done your research through many forums that exist then we could have told you about this car.

Get it checked out and if it has had an accident as long as it is repaired properly there is no reason not to buy it.

But I am assuming you would have already done this prior to deposit??

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Dear forum members I am in a legal dispute with dutons garage in via over the purchase of this car.
If you have any information that could prove it was a rental car or evidence that it had a major accident please let me know as you can see from the photo the driver side panel paint is a greenish grey yellow which was repainted.
But Shaun baker of dutons garage says it has never been in an accident and I need evidence to cancel the damn purchase.

And yes this is the Sydney donut car with a scuderia body kit.
Thanks in advance

Shaun Baker, I heard that scamster moved to Melbourne, he pretty much fucked his name in Sydney and I guess that's why he moved south.
I nearly bought my first Ferrari from him nearly a decade ago, he was a salesman at Rick Damelian prestige section.
I haven't thought about it for a long time but he tried to sell me a black 360m that was riddled with problems, he assured me the car was "perfect", I took it for a test drive but I didn't really know what I was looking at as it was my first Ferrari. Simply put, the car was a wreck, from memory I put a deposit down, car was still a wreck, limp mode, rotors were machined way too thin, lights didn't work etc... Apparently the stuff were "all fixed", came to pay and collect the car, nothing had been done except a detail and the error messages reset, the errors came back on minutes after starting the car, lights didn't work etc...

My understanding is "buyer beware" meaning it's up to you to make your independent inquiries, especially with used cars over a certain threshold (unsure if this is actually true or not but its what I've been led to believe?). You may be up shit creek though. If you bought it cheap then get the repair job done properly yourself and move on. Unless You can prove you were told in writing the car has never been in an accident and the proof says it's been in a major accident, I don't think you have a good chance at getting anything from them. If it was used as a rental, so what? Other than mileage, it's probably been driven softer than a private owned one seeing as people renting them usually don't have the balls to go to half throttle let alone drive it hard... (Although in your case that car has some decent burnout videos of it) Also it's quite common for an exotic to have a respray for a million reasons other than an accident, although you want a good respray, it's just a common f430, a respray won't hurt it, it's not like it's a 1950 Ferrari 166 or something rare like that.

good luck with it, and since it's against Shaune Baker I'm rooting for you, but I personally don't think it is something you are likely to win unfortunately.

Good luck
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Shaun Baker, I heard that scamster moved to Melbourne, he pretty much fucked his name in Sydney and I guess that's why he moved south.
I nearly bought my first Ferrari from him nearly a decade ago, he was a salesman at Rick Damelian prestige section.
I haven't thought about it for a long time but he tried to sell me a black 360m that was riddled with problems, he assured me the car was "perfect", I took it for a test drive but I didn't really know what I was looking at as it was my first Ferrari. Simply put, the car was a wreck, from memory I put a deposit down, car was still a wreck, limp mode, rotors were machined way too thin, lights didn't work etc... Apparently the stuff were "all fixed", came to pay and collect the car, nothing had been done except a detail and the error messages reset, the errors came back on minutes after starting the car, lights didn't work etc...

My understanding is "buyer beware" meaning it's up to you to make your independent inquiries, especially with used cars over a certain threshold (unsure if this is actually true or not but its what I've been led to believe?). You may be up shit creek though. If you bought it cheap then get the repair job done properly yourself and move on. Unless You can prove you were told in writing the car has never been in an accident and the proof says it's been in a major accident, I don't think you have a good chance at getting anything from them. If it was used as a rental, so what? Other than mileage, it's probably been driven softer than a private owned one seeing as people renting them usually don't have the balls to go to half throttle let alone drive it hard... Also it's quite common for an exotic to have a respray for a million reasons other than an accident, although you want a good respray, it's just a common f430, a respray won't hurt it, it's not like it's a 1950 Ferrari 166 or something rare like that.

good luck with it, and since it's against Shaune Baker I'm rooting for you, but I personally don't think it is something you are likely to win unfortunately.

Good luck

Not sure if i agree with you. If they've misrepresented the car, he's got them by the short and curlies. The purchaser doesn't need to inspect it if they've relied on the description.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Not sure if i agree with you. If they've misrepresented the car, he's got them by the short and curlies. The purchaser doesn't need to inspect it if they've relied on the description.

That's why I said " in writing"  :D
If it's advertised, emailed, hand written it's easy to prove. Verbal not so easy... But it is commonly known salesmen do actively lie to their customers for a sale so the customers word might have more merit than a salesmans in court perhaps???
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Aircon

That's why I said " in writing"  :D
If it's advertised, emailed, hand written it's easy to prove. Verbal not so easy... But it is commonly known salesmen do actively lie to their customers for a sale so the customers word might have more merit than a salesmans in court perhaps???

We have VCAT....he'll win I reckon.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline schmik325

Have u done a PPSR with Car History check? It'll show up any known insurance claims.

Other than that, http://www.ivic.com.au can do an inspection.

Just because it's had paintwork doesn't necessarily mean it's had a shunt

Offline Aircon