Offline Sleepinglh

Shaun Baker, I heard that scamster moved to Melbourne, he pretty much fucked his name in Sydney and I guess that's why he moved south.
I nearly bought my first Ferrari from him nearly a decade ago, he was a salesman at Rick Damelian prestige section.
I haven't thought about it for a long time but he tried to sell me a black 360m that was riddled with problems, he assured me the car was "perfect", I took it for a test drive but I didn't really know what I was looking at as it was my first Ferrari. Simply put, the car was a wreck, from memory I put a deposit down, car was still a wreck, limp mode, rotors were machined way too thin, lights didn't work etc... Apparently the stuff were "all fixed", came to pay and collect the car, nothing had been done except a detail and the error messages reset, the errors came back on minutes after starting the car, lights didn't work etc...

My understanding is "buyer beware" meaning it's up to you to make your independent inquiries, especially with used cars over a certain threshold (unsure if this is actually true or not but its what I've been led to believe?). You may be up shit creek though. If you bought it cheap then get the repair job done properly yourself and move on. Unless You can prove you were told in writing the car has never been in an accident and the proof says it's been in a major accident, I don't think you have a good chance at getting anything from them. If it was used as a rental, so what? Other than mileage, it's probably been driven softer than a private owned one seeing as people renting them usually don't have the balls to go to half throttle let alone drive it hard... (Although in your case that car has some decent burnout videos of it) Also it's quite common for an exotic to have a respray for a million reasons other than an accident, although you want a good respray, it's just a common f430, a respray won't hurt it, it's not like it's a 1950 Ferrari 166 or something rare like that.

good luck with it, and since it's against Shaune Baker I'm rooting for you, but I personally don't think it is something you are likely to win unfortunately.

Good luck
Wattens would you be able to put that down on paper in proper letter form and be available as phone call witness during VCAT on the 20th of July?  I know this is a lot to ask but please pm me or reply here if you could help in anyway

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Asking alot of someone who is a total stranger to you.

I'm pretty sure that in SA Dealers have to state if a car has been a hire car or taxi. Is that the same in other states?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Wattens would you be able to put that down on paper in proper letter form and be available as phone call witness during VCAT on the 20th of July?  I know this is a lot to ask but please pm me or reply here if you could help in anyway

Sorry mate, I'm not willing to get involved in strangers problems. I've already learnt that the hard way.

I'm sure you understand.

Good luck

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Sleepinglh

I understand perfectly but thanks anyway, was worth a try.

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
I remember seeing this a little while ago, when Duttons first received it. I saw it at my local shops, the owner of our local pizza shop had it for a few days, perhaps on an extended weekend test-drive? Or is friends with the person in question from Duttons? When I parked next to the car, I had a decent look at it and remember thinking to myself "this has certainly seen better days". Hope it turns out in your favour.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
http://duttongarage.com/Ferrari-F430-F136-F1-Convertible-2dr-Seq-Mac-6sp-4-3i~17362

Back up for sale again.

Ad says 'Traffic Stopping'. Should read 'Taxi stopping' :)
I thought duttons only sold quality cars, this is making me see a different side to them.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline j15

I thought duttons only sold quality cars, this is making me see a different side to them.

Lol, no.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

A car dealer is a car dealer... I don't blame them for selling a car with a history, but I do blame them for not being upfront on something so obvious like this example.

Now knowing that Baker is working there, I'd definitely personally steer away from that place like the plague. Now seeing that he tried to pull the wool over a buyers eyes like this, just further reassures my grievances with that salesman years ago was completely justified.

I wonder how many others he has tried to completely rip off? He destroyed his reputation in Sydney and now it looks like he's doing the same thing in Melbourne, and still being caught out by customers...
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Sleepinglh

Yes you are right it's back up for sale again, they didn't wanna go to VCAT and their lawyer said I have nothing solid to fight them with, it has been 10months so far and I'm sure they aren't keen on the car depreciating more value.
The dispute will be settled very soon