Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Yes, normal practice as you say. You can inspect on site and do limited tests; but that's it.
Cars are cheap; but it is a risk.

That's my issue. Its over the odds. If it were wholesale pricing I'd just take a punt, but paying high end retail price with no retail protection is what has me stumbling.

Offline looney

Yes, normal practice as you say. You can inspect on site and do limited tests; but that's it.
Cars are cheap; but it is a risk.

That's my issue. Its over the odds. If it were wholesale pricing I'd just take a punt, but paying high end retail price with no retail protection is what has me stumbling.

What about the no PPI ? that's bullshit, are you allowed to lift the bonnet or do you have to buy it before you can check it has an engine.

Yes I gave it a cursory view while there, but it wouldn't start due to a dead battery and no books or spare tyre etc.

Offline TomE

I've bought DDs at Pickles Auctions. They will allow an independent inspection and engine run but no driving.
I'll only buy if there is some factory warranty left and price is below retail market.

They guarantee clear title last time I checked.

Offline looney

Why are you still pursuing this car if it's over priced, can't test drive, no warranty etc.... wouldn't it be better to just do a deal with a dealer or private seller instead

I had actually put it out of my mind but saw they dropped their fixed price yesterday after they were obstinate about their terms when I went.

Just curious what the deal is with Pickles.  It seems they are selling cars at retail with wholesale conditions.  So I want to know if there's a way I can just get the car wholesale. Or how pickles run their business so I can try swing a deal.

I wanted a white car which is the go with this car. 

But as mentioned above there is one coming in on trade at mini brisbane next month.

Anyway

Retail price - retail protections = good
Wholesale price - wholesale risk = good
Retail price - wholesale risk = not good.