Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Hello All

I took the toy out today for a fang.
Hot ugly day in the sunny place so good for some spirited driving with the A/C on.

When I closed the drivers door the window stayed down about 10mm as usual, but then would not go back up.
After some investigation I noticed the external door opener did not retract properly. It appears this device is spring loaded to close flat and my spring has gone on holidays. The handle staying 5mm up keeps the window down. The door also appeared to catch somewhat on the striker plate. I adjusted the striker plate down about 1mm and the catch performed well but the  external handle is still slightly raised.

So I thought - just remove the door inner trim and attack the bugger. I have done this on lots of cars ... but the F430 is a different beast. There are a few screws in the front edge, a couple under the door. I went onto Aldous Voice and he had photos of removing a 360 door trim and I am sure they are similar. But has anyone here removed the drivers door trim on a F430 and not buggered up the clips or leather. The rest is just mechanical and that is basic but I am very concerned about my beautiful black leather trim.

Inspiration please.

T

:p

Offline fivesix

Hello All

I took the toy out today for a fang.
Hot ugly day in the sunny place so good for some spirited driving with the A/C on.

When I closed the drivers door the window stayed down about 10mm as usual, but then would not go back up.
After some investigation I noticed the external door opener did not retract properly. It appears this device is spring loaded to close flat and my spring has gone on holidays. The handle staying 5mm up keeps the window down. The door also appeared to catch somewhat on the striker plate. I adjusted the striker plate down about 1mm and the catch performed well but the  external handle is still slightly raised.

So I thought - just remove the door inner trim and attack the bugger. I have done this on lots of cars ... but the F430 is a different beast. There are a few screws in the front edge, a couple under the door. I went onto Aldous Voice and he had photos of removing a 360 door trim and I am sure they are similar. But has anyone here removed the drivers door trim on a F430 and not buggered up the clips or leather. The rest is just mechanical and that is basic but I am very concerned about my beautiful black leather trim.

Inspiration please.

T

:p

You are in bne right? Not in eastern burbs today? Very eastern?

Offline TEZZA

yep eastern burbs ....was out around Capalaba and the bay area today.

Offline fivesix

yep eastern burbs ....was out around Capalaba and the bay area today.

You drove past my house I bet! About lunch time.

Offline TEZZA

yeah... Raby Bay area and then Aquatic Paradise.
I toy with moving there, but then think about driving all that way every day and go naaahhhh.

Offline fivesix

yeah... Raby Bay area and then Aquatic Paradise.
I toy with moving there, but then think about driving all that way every day and go naaahhhh.

Car sounded fantastic. I actually thought it was a scud. I was by the pool when you went past and caught you as you were leaving. A tonne of classics out today!
It's too far living out here, but nice on a chilled day at home.

Offline TEZZA

That's what I think. If I was retired then I may consider living there.
I have a boat at RQYS at Manly and hate going across that "paddock" between King Island and Peel Island so think about Raby Bay and keeping the boat out back of the house. But then reality bites and that long commute and I go cold on the plan.

The F430 has the standard exhaust but if you drive them a certain way they howl.

I was out later in the BMW and a guy in a Maserati went by me. His Masser has the same problem my Ferrari has when it goes under an overpass... the throttles just seem to open up!!! The guy driving was no spring chicken so it's good to see that you don't have to ever "grow up".

Life's short to the happy but long to the miserable.

:D

Offline TEZZA

Offline TEZZA

Just thought I would refresh this.
Someone here must have done this????

Inspiration please.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Just thought I would refresh this.
Someone here must have done this????

Inspiration please.

I'd be asking the question here....where there are literally 100s of owners of these cars and people who work on them.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/

I love my car. Buy your own