It is with more than a tinge of sadness that I present my very much loved MY2010 Lotus Scura for sale (the third Lotus that I have owned).
This is indeed a very unique car. So if you are an avid Lotus enthusiast, and you like to make a statement about your individuality then you MUST consider this car seriously.
This faultless example is one of only 3 Lotus Scuras (which means "dark" in Italian) brought into the country by Trivett Sydney who were the local agent at the time. The other two cars are QLD based. The RRP of this vehicle (new) in 2010 was $152,000.
Build number No. 22 of only 35 cars ever produced globally (with only 15 RHDs made), I have been the sole owner of this car since new. It was in storage for 2 years whilst I lived in the UK from 2011 to 2013, hence the kilometres have been kept relatively low given it has only been an everyday drive vehicle during brief periods of its life to date.
The car has NEVER been tracked, launched, repaired, has never even been scratched let alone in any form of collision. The car is 100% original and in flawless condition in every manner, and of course any form of inspection to ratify these claims is welcomed from serious buyers.
Spend 10 minutes browsing Google or YouTube to appreciate that many of the remaining Scuras have been thrashed to within an inch of their life on numerous race tracks and open roads throughout Europe and Asia. So to find an example such as this one that has been so lovingly respected is unquestionably a rare find.
The Scura specifications very much resemble the 260 Cup car, hence key features include;
- 1.8 litre supercharged engine which develops 257 bhp
- Lightweight flywheel
- Accusump oil pressure system (which has since been removed but will be sold with the car)
- AC Racing 4 spot front brake calipers
- Two way adjustable Ohlins dampers
- Eibach springs all round with adjustable ride height platforms
- Launch control
- Traction control
The additional features the Scura is equipped with are;
- “Soft-feel” matte black paint, reflecting the stealth character of this car
- Contrasting high gloss black stripes that bisect the car
- Outer carbon fibre components are the front splitter, intake vanes, side scoops, rear spoiler
- Interior carbon fibre accessories include sport seats and the centre console
- Unique matte black lightweight forged wheels designed specifically for the Scura
- A weight saving of 22kgs is achieved through the Scura specific componentry
Additional points to note;
- The car was fitted with a new, higher cranking capacity Varta battery (Nov '15)
- New Yokohama Advan AD08s fitted in Oct '15. A far more streetable tyre than the AO48s
- the car has also been fitted with a new Kenwood stereo (with bluetooth audio capability)
The car has only been serviced by the official Lotus dealer & repairer in Sydney and all the standard service is work up to date, with the next service not due until June 2016.
This car without question will become THE collectable version of the all conquering Lotus Exige - the most successful model ever built by Lotus bar none. Currently, there are no Scuras for sale in any country that received any number at all of this low volume vehicle. In fact, the largest market for any car, the United States received no allocation of the Scura at all.
If the consequent owner of this car continues to limit kilometres travelled and meticulously cares for this car as has been the case until now, this will not only represent the purchase of a truly beautiful and unique automobile, but a sound financial investment. Unlike the majority of vehicles purchased these days, there is little doubt in my mind that this car will buck the trend and actually appreciate in value over time, simply due to the fact that there are so few other cars like it in Australia of this iconic, race bred marque.
To register your serious interest in this car, please contact Rob on +61414 125 131 to progress you enquiry.