Offline dkabab

I think classics are all relative to generations and disposable incomes. I'd be curious to know if 1930's Delahaye was considered it and a bit in the 70's?

Give it 20-30 years and 1950-60's cars will become less interesting to the generation. Same way we couldn't give a stuff about a model t ford.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
The Goldcoast has traditionally been the bellwether for the real estate market. Always the 1st to catch a cold and the last to recover.
:)

Yup pretty much. Luckily I'm not here to get rich but to have a good lifestyle. 

Where else can you have a large waterfront home in the middle of the action and walking distance to the beach for $1 - 1.5m

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I think classics are all relative to generations and disposable incomes. I'd be curious to know if 1930's Delahaye was considered it and a bit in the 70's?

Give it 20-30 years and 1950-60's cars will become less interesting to the generation. Same way we couldn't give a stuff about a model t ford.
Delahaye's always had a following in the 70s but only those had less interest in other marques in the 70s.There was to much cream around in other marques like RR/B.The in Australia in the 70s the collectors market was for limited makes .

Offline perpetual

Absolutely. A very wise person that I spoke with last week said that CC's will continue to rise until 2040. I asked him why. He said "Because all the Baby Boomers will be dead by then". Brilliant !. As he said, the next generation do not like cars at all, never mind CC's.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Yup pretty much. Luckily I'm not here to get rich but to have a good lifestyle. 

Where else can you have a large waterfront home in the middle of the action and walking distance to the beach for $1 - 1.5m
Agree ..I'm like my dogs I'm here for a good time not a long time.

I could think of nothing worse then being an old man health issues be it mental,physical and being feed farax and waiting to die.

Offline perpetual

Totally agree. Live hard, play hard, and party hard, and then keel over.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
and then you have dealers buying up all the stock and holding out for high prices..can work as long as there is no floor plan or borrowing .

There is the opportunity cost of the money sitting there and not getting a return.......

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

There is the opportunity cost of the money sitting there and not getting a return.......
True,but i think they do that with all the cars they supply on credit to other dealers.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

You are describing the phenomenon of "Generational car collecting". It is very real and it's latest iteration is the escalation of prices in 1970's and 1980's supercars.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
You are describing the phenomenon of "Generational car collecting". It is very real and it's latest iteration is the escalation of prices in 1970's and 1980's supercars.
When will 1990s cars start appreciating?