Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Here's my input FWIW, which isn't much, if cars take a dive, that's going to be the least of your (collectively) problems!

I agree. This time around the correction will come as a result of an economic drama that ends the "free money" party. When that happens all those folks with big $  sitting in classic cars will all head for the exit at once as they try to reallocate funds to more pressing needs. That spells "ugly" big time IMO.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I agree. This time around the correction will come as a result of an economic drama that ends the "free money" party. When that happens all those folks with big $  sitting in classic cars will all head for the exit at once as they try to reallocate funds to more pressing needs. That spells "ugly" big time IMO.
Sounds sweet so much easier to value all CC's at 50k.Rather then do research of car sales and auctions results.

Has a nice ring about it "50K"

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Sounds sweet so much easier to value all CC's at 50k.Rather then do research of car sales and auctions results.

Has a nice ring about it "50K"

Thanks... I coined that saying.... I'll take all the credit.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Here's my input FWIW, which isn't much, if cars take a dive, that's going to be the least of your (collectively) problems!

yes I suspect this is 100% true, i am getting a gut feeling something bad is just around the corner, which is a shame because up here in QLD we've only just started to recover. We didn't get any of the good times you guys had down south for the last few years.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Thanks... I coined that saying.... I'll take all the credit.

And gained another fanboy in the process if I remember correctly :p

Offline perpetual

Yes, agreed. The property is the first to go, with a little place that I have in Parramatta having already dropped 12% since Christmas, as the boom in NSW subsides. When interest rates eventually rise, then that will be the end !. Interestingly though, the CC's that I am watching are all still rising !. Go figure !

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

yes I suspect this is 100% true, i am getting a gut feeling something bad is just around the corner, which is a shame because up here in QLD we've only just started to recover. We didn't get any of the good times you guys had down south for the last few years.

The Goldcoast has traditionally been the bellwether for the real estate market. Always the 1st to catch a cold and the last to recover.
:)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Yes, agreed. The property is the first to go, with a little place that I have in Parramatta having already dropped 12% since Christmas, as the boom in NSW subsides. When interest rates eventually rise, then that will be the end !. Interestingly though, the CC's that I am watching are all still rising !. Go figure !

The advertised prices are still rising; but stuff isn't moving at the lower to middle end of the Clasic car market. The bluest of the blue chip cars will always make solid money.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
And gained another fanboy in the process if I remember correctly :p

You certainly remember correctly... This time they :)
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

The advertised prices are still rising; but stuff isn't moving at the lower to middle end of the Clasic car market. The bluest of the blue chip cars will always make solid money.
and then you have dealers buying up all the stock and holding out for high prices..can work as long as there is no floor plan or borrowing .