Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
The SE is the most desirable Steven's pre-Thompson Esprit. That LOOKS to be in good nick, although one wonders what kind of jolt did it get to lose its rear left centre wheel cap.
If it was an Aust del car with 38km in perfect condition, then yes, great value.
0-100kph in 4.7sec, turbo chargecooled, very light, easily upgradable bhp just by changing ECU chips.
What about chassis rust Andrei?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
The SE is the most desirable Steven's pre-Thompson Esprit. That LOOKS to be in good nick, although one wonders what kind of jolt did it get to lose its rear left centre wheel cap.
If it was an Aust del car with 38km in perfect condition, then yes, great value.
0-100kph in 4.7sec, turbo chargecooled, very light, easily upgradable bhp just by changing ECU chips.

I really should buy something like this one day.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Why the bloody hell don't you then????

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS

That's the one I always wanted. I still have an original brochure around here somewhere which my mum picked up for me when she went to the UK around the time they first came out.

I remember visiting the local exotic car dealers in Adelaide as a teenager around that time and they had a new 328, new Esprit, and new NSX. The Esprit, to me, was by far the most desirable.

For some reason the later V8 version never seemed quite "right" to me...
And of course by then Ferrari had produced the 348 / 355 which immediately overtook it in the desirability stakes.

Offline Paulstar

I came across these guys in Unique Cars magazine purporting to offer a buy back of any of their "hand selected" cars for full purchase price + 18%.

Chinese real estate developers in cities with depressed pricing are offering 5 year buy back at +40% to give confidence to the market and get potential buyers off the fence. Potentially the same thinking here.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
What about chassis rust Andrei?
Oh, not even going there with UK imports. They are all rooted underneath, unless you are VERY lucky.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Oh, not even going there with UK imports. They are all rooted underneath, unless you are VERY lucky.

The Blue S4s that was for sale in the UK a few years ago was very very very clean. Someone I know went and looked at it. But couldn't do anything with it anyhoo.........

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
I figured ... hence the question.

I had my Esprit V8 undersprayed the day I collected it - so it was one of the lucky ones.  I guess the 12 cats, 4 clutches, 2 gearboxes and engine replacement kinda made up for the lack of rust! :-)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I figured ... hence the question.

I had my Esprit V8 undersprayed the day I collected it - so it was one of the lucky ones.  I guess the 12 cats, 4 clutches, 2 gearboxes and engine replacement kinda made up for the lack of rust! :-)

Holy Hell!!!!!!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
They run circles around the contemporary Ferraris. Quicker, faster, WAY better handling, more comfortable, more reliable.

Since you like Ferraris, Here are a couple of red SE's. First one with after market wheels and second one with early Esprit V8 wheels:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.