Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

As a car rental company we stopped buying large cars 5 years ago. Hyundai and Kia work for us.
What was the reason for that?

Reliability, cost if service , demand or manufacturer support

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
South Australia's unemployment rate is going to be in trouble.
That will just be the tip of the iceberg in the Northern suburbs.....unfortunately, there will be bigger problems associated with this decision. It's quite scary.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
What was the reason for that?

Reliability, cost if service , demand or manufacturer support

all of the above and the product is awesome in comparison to either Ford or GM in the small/ medium car bracket.

and the fact Hyundai and Kia offer 5 year unlimited km warranty means they have confidence in their own product. The days of 12/20 warranty are long gone.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
As a car rental company we stopped buying large cars 5 years ago. Hyundai and Kia work for us.

Nothing wrong with them they are well made now Hyundai is very good. I would do the same in your shoes.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

That will just be the tip of the iceberg in the Northern suburbs.....unfortunately, there will be bigger problems associated with this decision. It's quite scary.

I agree, Elizabeth and some of Salisbury are screwed. Welfare costs will rise and quite likely crime rates - unfortunately they often travel to other suburbs for their crimes.

Quite ironic that this was announced on the same day the federal government announced it will replace its prime ministerial fleet with bmw's.

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
Speaking of which, why aren't diesel cars more popular in Australia?

I've bought two diesel cars in the last two years (3 series and X5), and while both cars are great and amazingly economical, I am so sick of getting ripped off at the bowser that the next car I buy will be a turbo petrol.

It is common to pay 20c or more extra per litre for diesel which completely eliminates any fuel economy advantage it may have had.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Nothing wrong with them they are well made now Hyundai is very good. I would do the same in your shoes.

They work, its simple, the Aust product line up pre Mitsubishi was an epic failure.
The barina is made in Portugal with components from Mexico, Japan and Eastern Europe.

The Hyundai and Kia are made in Korea….they have the right formula, pity the Australian manufacturers couldn't work it out or if they did the unions were the ones holding a gun to their heads.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Speaking of which, why aren't diesel cars more popular in Australia? If Holden and Ford AU produced more efficient diesel cars, could this have shifted the Australian consumers back to the brand before it was too late?   I'd imagine a lot of the shift away from the BIG AUSSIE cars would be they don't fit anywhere and use way too much fuel compared to others on the market from Japan or Europe...

Thoughts?

It's weird, but in Vic, diesel is often 15-20 cents per litre more than standard unleaded. Makes the economy less attractive, esp when added to higher initial car cost and higher servicing costs.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
The up side will be you will be able to buy $1 rental properties in a few years. ;) Darryn Lyons is now the Mayor of Geelong. How long til Barnsey is Mayor of Elizabeff?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Once Toyota close then there will be no need for protection tariffs.