Offline dkabab

Meh @ all that.

Get a big, bad, twin-turbo Bentley Arnage.

That's a statement car and totally different to everything else.

+1

Love that car

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
If this is for a Supercar Club then there is only one option - Phantom. You need to think with your head, not heart. Each car needs to be thought of as a 'reason to join'. Only once you have traction of a solid member base can you worry about having 'cool' cars.

Not that I know anything about this of course - I work for Telstra now ;)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Long time James - who are you going to get to play you in the movie?   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
LOL - Affleck :)

I was thinking John Cusack

Twin-turbo Bentley Arnage or Phantom .. depends how much money you want to spend.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Sadly, the failure of a similar venture in Australia will make it hard to succeed in this space. I mean, who would risk their money to sign up as a member?

Which is a real shame as the business was very viable and had plenty of money coming in to cover costs it just seemed to dematerialize when needed.

Offline allanuber

Which is a real shame as the business was very viable and had plenty of money coming in to cover costs it just seemed to dematerialize when needed.

What are you basing that assessment on? I've not seen any financials however it looks like it was still tough to turn a reasonable dollar.

Part of the problem is that exotic cars are fragile if handled roughly. After seeing how some of the cars were beaten up by members who felt they had a right to 'drive the wheels off them' - I'd assume the ongoing maintenance and running costs were frightening. (Assuming no loss of time for major repairs, then legals to chase members for these costs)...
C'mon, do it!

Offline NZ supercars

Based on my own study, such a business can certainly turn a modest profit (although it's certainly not a path to untold wealth).  The key is getting people to sign up for memberships, which means getting the right cars...

... hence this discussion!

I agree with the points raised, especially by James (Hi James - thanks for posting!) - the cars have to be right to pull in the punters.  P1 UK had a Phantom, at a "super-premium" price.  I am going down a "gently second-hand" path at the moment, and I probably can't afford a nice Phantom.  An Arnage, on the other hand...

What about the M5?  "Best saloon in the world" etc.  But attractive for potential members?

Offline allanuber