Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

I remember a few weeks back someone posting a F430 Convertible for sale as being "cheap".

I should call this my "still there" forum. Both nice cars but not selling.

Still there 1
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=2&R=12165620&keywords=&trecs=234&__sid=135C128997D8&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&__No=75&seot=1&__N=834 1216 1247 1252 1282 4294966380&silo=1011

Still there 2
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?__Qpb=1&R=12107529&keywords=&trecs=234&__sid=135C128997D8&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__No=75&__Nne=15&Cr=4&seot=1&__N=834 1216 1247 1252 1282 4294966380&silo=1011

Offline app

Going off Car Point, it would seem there is a gap between those who can afford brand-new exotics and those that can afford sub-100k maybe even 200k cars.

The fact that Australia has a mark-up on brand-new Ferrari's and Lamorghini's making them more expensive than other western countries and that there still a market for them indicates there are people out there who can afford them.

Car Point shows plenty of modern exotics just sitting on there being heavily discounted and plenty of people have commented on tyre kickers who can't afford them trying to low ball private sellers of them which indicates there isn't a market for these cars.

Or is it the mere fact that Australian exotics car prices are priced higher than other western countries and the "real value" has to be factored in at some point?

In any case, not a good nation to buy a brand-new exotics it seems.

Offline ckbag

its not low-balling if the car has been sitting there for months and no other better offers come up.... its called a realistic price

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Going off Car Point, it would seem there is a gap between those who can afford brand-new exotics and those that can afford sub-100k maybe even 200k cars.

The fact that Australia has a mark-up on brand-new Ferrari's and Lamorghini's making them more expensive than other western countries and that there still a market for them indicates there are people out there who can afford them.

Car Point shows plenty of modern exotics just sitting on there being heavily discounted and plenty of people have commented on tyre kickers who can't afford them trying to low ball private sellers of them which indicates there isn't a market for these cars.

Or is it the mere fact that Australian exotics car prices are priced higher than other western countries and the "real value" has to be factored in at some point?

In any case, not a good nation to buy a brand-new exotics it seems.

Thanks to the LCT got imposed to any car above 54k or there about. Take an example, a 500k car will get the LCT of 133k or so, a 700k car will get taxed at nearly 200k mark, which you could buy a nice luxury car or another exotic in other countries.

I have also been told that across the whole Australia, we get higher car prices from the manufacturers already, so the car dealers are getting ripped off already since most car manufacturers overseas know that Aussies will pay up. Those authorized dealers are paying premium prices already (one manufacturer that I spoke to, they are still buying at 1:0.85 Instead of the current USD vs AUD rate of 1.055), so what do you expect to pay as a consumer, of course more!

It is not fair of course, but our market is peanut size compare to other countries. We are not alne though, I think Switzerlanders pay even more from my memory.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

its not low-balling if the car has been sitting there for months and no other better offers come up.... its called a realistic price

IMO, there is no realistic price if the seller isn't selling as there is no mutual agreement there. So buyers can put lower prices down and say the prices are realistic, but those prices aren't getting them any deal until sellers are willing to sell. That might be more of a bargain price if the sellers are willing to give away. If there is no deal, those buyers are unfortunately called dreamers or tyre kickers.

Offline ckbag

IMO, there is no realistic price if the seller isn't selling as there is no mutual agreement there. So buyers can put lower prices down and say the prices are realistic, but those prices aren't getting them any deal until sellers are willing to sell. That might be more of a bargain price if the sellers are willing to give away. If there is no deal, those buyers are unfortunately be called dreamers or tyre kickers.

IF there are no better offers and the car has been sitting there for months doesn't it usually mean:

1. car is in a bad condition
2. seller has unrealistic expectations on price (thus believe the offers are low-balling)

id imagine buyers of new-exotics are paying a premium to drive the latest models but are willing to take a BIG cut to the price later on when they sell

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

IF there are no better offers and the car has been sitting there for months doesn't it usually mean:

1. car is in a bad condition
2. seller has unrealistic expectations on price (thus believe the offers are low-balling)

id imagine buyers of new-exotics are paying a premium to drive the latest models but are willing to take a BIG cut to the price later on when they sell

Not necessary, we had a bit of discussion of the price in the other thread, one possible explanation is the bad market. No one has the cash to spend on luxury cars, let along exotics. mhh priced his Mercedes S63 at a very attractive price, but no taker and the car is in good condition, it might not be a good example because mark hasn't tried to sell it for months yet, but you get the idea. Same as a few murcielagos and 458 ( new cars) out there which are priced well, but no taker at all. Are we saying that a near brand new 2011/12 458 selling at mid 400k has an unrealistic price or a bargain price considering dealers are still advertising them at 600k+? I would say it is a bargain price, is it realistic, I don't know, just my two cents.

Overall, it is a BAD market to sell cars like this IMO.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Not necessary, we had a bit of discussion of the price in the other thread, one possible explanation is the bad market. No one has the cash to spend on luxury cars, let along exotics.

There are always people with money. New luxury car registrations are healthy. You could just as easily mount an argument that used prestige cars are slow to sell because the new car market is strong and buyers are taking advantage of the strong dollar and the improved value to be found in new car showrooms.

I can sell my S65 tomorrow if I choose to - it's just a matter of price. I don't need to, so I won't. I'm not blaming the market - it's my greed that's stopping my car selling. :p

Offline ckbag

Not necessary, we had a bit of discussion of the price in the other thread, one possible explanation is the bad market. No one has the cash to spend on luxury cars, let along exotics. mhh priced his Mercedes S63 at a very attractive price, but no taker and the car is in good condition, it might not be a good example because mark hasn't tried to sell it for months yet, but you get the idea. Same as a few murcielagos and 458 ( new cars) out there which are priced well, but no taker at all. Are we saying that a near brand new 2011/12 458 selling at mid 400k has an unrealistic price or a bargain price considering dealers are still advertising them at 600k+? I would say it is a bargain price, is it realistic, I don't know, just my two cents.

the problem is price is partly determined by market conditions, in a bad market you have to price it accordingly?

i too think mhh's price is realistic but i was referring to those sellers who have unrealistic expectations and wondering why they keep getting only "low-ball" offers

its a BAD market to sell anything. the real estate bubble has popped where i live and those who cant face that are the ones who cant sell their houses...

Offline ckbag

I can sell my S65 tomorrow if I choose to - it's just a matter of price. I don't need to, so I won't. I'm not blaming the market - it's my greed that's stopping my car selling. :p

lol well according to carsales you are the least greedy of those selling the s65

but i do agree with app that there is a big gap to those who can afford new exotics and those who are wanting to buy them second hand. but i guess if you can afford $500k car you won't lose sleep over selling it for half the price couple of years down the track  :P