Offline gevo

I have heard some people have brang in gallardos from the UK its costed them about 150k with every expense paid? pretty hard to imagine for a decent one

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline ahcc89

by the time you land a gallardo from the UK. pay taxes and duties you are no better off buying one that is already in the country. Not to mention you need to have it in the UK for 12 months before you can import it. That means getting someone who lives overseas to purchase it and store it.

Offline adam01

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

Wait till Wattens reads this   :D

Read it yonks ago, if you can get a decent Gallardo for $150k i'll take one as well :)

I love reading the weird and wacky numbers people come up with
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline barra

If you want to know how much it costs to import an exotic, call just cars insurance. Some idiots manager was trying to tell me what it costs. And he would know because his colleague was thinking about importing one. Apparently the most a 360 would cost would be 115k.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If you want to know how much it costs to import an exotic, call just cars insurance. Some idiots manager was trying to tell me what it costs. And he would know because his colleague was thinking about importing one. Apparently the most a 360 would cost would be 115k.

Thats pretty much right... we went thru 360 import prices a while ago, you could get one here and on the road for about $105k so a decent one for $115k sounds on the money....
The thing is that means you doing some work and waiting for the car to get here and be cleared and all it takes to get it on the road, pissing around with everyone involved and any headaches that crop up. Or you can go to carsales dot com and buy one for 115k thats alreeady here.

Its all relative, he can have one here for $115k no problem but it may not be the best 360 in the world.. you still get what you pay for. If you want a later model spider in resale red with tan interior its gonna cost you a lot more.

Offline barra

Your as good as the just cars guy.  You 'looked into it' so you must be an expert aswell.
If less people said crap like "I import a 360 on the road for 105k" then forums like this wouldn't get the idiot gumby I want to import a lambo/fezza but I have no idea posts. And people selling import ones would get the low ball " I can import one for half that" offers.
I'm sure you get a nice 40,000mile silver with blue car that needs a major and a clutch and has only had a couple accidents on the road here for 105k... if you don't get ppi... or shipping insurance, or count the cost of capital tied up for 3 months... etc etc

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Today, I was visited by an import 360 spider, with 26k km, IMMACULATE and as near perfect as any OZ spec car I've seen.

The owner bought it retail from the ozzie bloke that imported it. He told me what he paid, and all I can say is....

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME IMPORTING CARS IF PROFIT IS YOUR GOAL.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
  You 'looked into it' so you must be an expert aswell.

Yes thanks, I probably would consider myself an expert on that subject....

I never said "I" looked into it. I said "WE" looked into it. As in it was an open topic on the forum and "WE" concluded that with the prices in the UK and all the costs involved that "YES" you could without a doubt personally import a decent RED with TAN interior 360 from the UK for $115k and now as prices in the UK have fallen since that topic you could do it for less.

Just because YOU dont know the facts dont assume that no one else does.