Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Barra and FF are on the right track.

Anotherforumuser I think you may have different standards as to what a "good conditioned" 360 is, don't worry everyone does. You example of a good conditioned car would surely be different to FF's or my personal version of a good conditioned car purely because we have most likely been in, driven and seen more examples than you have. Don't take this as an insult or attack on you as it isn't meant to be.

It is all well and good to sit back on a computer and "work out" the cost of a 360 by looking on the internet, but not all is what it seems. The first dozen  or so cheapest cars for sale on the net in the UK are not worthy of being called a ferrari. There are examples there with 200 000km on the clock, mixed with LHD vehicles, some are Toyota MR2 replicas, most are damaged or have been repaired etc... (all these cars can be imported and then at risk of being sent back over seas or destroyed if they enter the country for any of the reasons above). These cars are probably what are keeping the Ferrari mechanics in Australia busy. Anything that I call decent doesn't land in Australia without the importer having paid around +$150k AUD depending on where the AUD:GBP is at the time.

It is possible to get a 360 from $100-$115k. Are they cars worth buying??? Are they cars worth waiting 3 or 4 months for? What else could you do with $100-$115k? Not to mention when those warning lights come up your heart will sink each and every time. Australian and UK used 360's are getting closer and closer to the same price evry month. The UK dealers are asking more than they were 12 months ago purely because of the huge amount of cars that have already come to Australia, the dealers simply jump on our carsales.com.au and they don't understand that we have various taxes/duties, compliancing costs, shipping/insurance costs etc.... Not to mention the Australian prices for a 360 over the same 12 months has fallen significantly.

360's are not worth importing anymore, there isn't a decent saving anymore. Better off buying from some sucker who has already imported one where you can look at it in person, examine it's condition, get a reliable PPI performed, and then have the added saftey of Australian used car consumer laws with dealers behind you should things be terribly wrong or misrepresented. Remember that the USD has nothing to do with imported exotics from the UK, for some reason people think that the weakeing USD means that the AUD is gaining on the GBP  :doh:

The time for importing Massaz (all models), 360's and Gallardos has past. F355's seem to be doing well though...
The only people that win now with imported exotics are the compliance workshops performing compliance and the mechanics now having more cars with more chance of needing repairs... (and the guiys in the spotted thread)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
No problem Wattens, I know what your standard of a good car is.

I dont think we took what FF was saying as the same thing though. To me he was saying dont bring one in to make money on, bring it in for yourself but not to make money on, which is what I was talking about when I said you could have an excellent car here for $115k

I'm talking about a car with probably higher mileage than you would call excellent but the actual car would be in excellent condition with full service history, new belts fitted and come from somewhere like the Ferrari dealership that FF's father works in.

I prefer a car with some mileage that has been used and had its services done rather than one that is super low mileage and is likely to need some new seals because it hasnt been used enough.

Thats what I was talking about when I say you could have an excellent condition 360 here, on the road for $115k.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I might add, that this 360 that visited me today, was previously unknown to me.

Upon investigation, it turns out the guy (in sydney) that imported it had bought it from dad, and I had no idea!

So, have confidence in cars bought from www.theferraricentre.com I think is the message here.

Very few of the cars in the UK get driven in the salted roads or poor conditions, and OF COURSE, those that have been need very careful checks, but I maintain my opinion that you have as much chance of getting a corroded/problematic oz spec car as you do an import.

They're all individuals. (cue monty pythonesque... "I'm not" gags...)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If prices in the UK have risen a little in the last few months expect them to drop very shortly as the new company vehicle tax that started this month takes hold. They do look like theyve risen a little, but our dollar has also risen against the GBP back up to it December high of last year.

Anotherforumuser I think you may have different standards as to what a "good conditioned" 360 is, don't worry everyone does. You example of a good conditioned car would surely be different to FF's or my personal version of a good conditioned car purely because we have most likely been in, driven and seen more examples than you have. Don't take this as an insult or attack on you as it isn't meant to be.

My opinion on good condition would probably be very much the same as FF's since we spoke about it a while back and he swung me to his way of thinking.
And Id never take anything as an insult from you.... Ive come to like you too much to be insulted  :D

Offline barra

Lol, I read your other post about that tax.  Your dreaming.  Think about the cars that are eligible for import. Do you really think people are going to have a 6+ year old 360 tied up rego'd to a company and now they need to flog it off to prevent a tax bill, and that's going to affect the price? Yea right.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Does anyone know what changes are needed to a Masa Grandsport in the UK for AU compliance - FF ????  :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Got the answers I need no replies necessary.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

make sure it's an auto!

Yeah it's bloody gorgeous but I'm not committed enough to go that far for a car.

Quite happy to honor the title "gunna"for a while longer.

The Grandsport is a completely different drive to the Coupe, smooth........

Offline testa1

Hi Guys,has anybody ever imported post 89 Testarossa  recently?Especially from the Uk
Am getting a lot of conflcting opinions from raws accredited workshops.