Offline Gt750

there are currently 4 noble m12's in aus but only one of them is street legal. so its extremely rare here.
Its hard to say what the market would be for it, but i would assume somewhere between 80-120k depending on model/spec

tvr sagaris, rare once again, i know of about 3 in aus but they don't come up for sale at all... lesser models like t350c ask 70k+ but they don't seem to sell... a sagaris would be much more desirable and uk prices went from 45k pounds to 30k pounds... and now they are back up to 50k pounds... so you would want 120-150k to make a profit if thats the desire. not sure you would get that... but maybe 100-130k aud. had you bought one when they dropped down to 30k pounds it would be a no brainer... now I'm not so sure.

Cheers.  I appreciate that.  That's the problem with rare/odd cars in one country, if there was a market there would be more available, so how do you determine the price?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Bring something classic, chrome bumpers, if you want a safe and sure return on investment.

Buy the best condition most expensive car you can find/afford.

Offline Gt750

The problem with classics and chrome bumpers here is rust, its a damp, damp place.  The other problem is I would want to keep it...

I next need to figure out how to bring in a container of classic Brit bikes...

Offline Poo

Facelift manual NSX?
Or a type R regardless of year...

Offline theonlydjorkaeff

Offline Gt750

If I can find a good Aventine I'm keeping it!  Those things are just off the wall. 

NSX is a good idea.  I have a low mileage 07 S2000 in the stable, its the only one I have ever even heard of that has factory installed front and rear parking sensors, along with a front lip and low rear spoiler.  Its been breathed on a bit and now sounds and responds brilliantly. 

Can you actually bring in modified cars on PI, or do they dump them in the ocean to protect a domestic industry that no longer exists?

Offline oldgit

• Drives: Renault Avantime. Toyota Sera, Fiat 500 sport
  • Name: Arthur
I love my Avantime 2.0 Turbo. Silver over metallic Red manual 6 speed. Over here in the UK there is a healthy Owners club and when cars come up for sale frequently they become club owners. Prices are still very low , typically 2k/4k gbp. :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Can you actually bring in modified cars on PI, or do they dump them in the ocean to protect a domestic industry that no longer exists?

Hmmmmmm, have to look into that. Modified cars are now very hard to import, so not sure how they go with a PI even. Things have changed a lot. May pay to talk to DOTARS about that.......if you can get hold of someone who can actually answer the question!

I heard rumors that there was going to be a review of the import laws in a few years once the domestic side of things has folded up completely.......

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I love my Avantime 2.0 Turbo. Silver over metallic Red manual 6 speed. Over here in the UK there is a healthy Owners club and when cars come up for sale frequently they become club owners. Prices are still very low , typically 2k/4k gbp. :thumbsup:

Sounds familiar!

Get back in your box.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I love my Avantime 2.0 Turbo. Silver over metallic Red manual 6 speed. Over here in the UK there is a healthy Owners club and when cars come up for sale frequently they become club owners. Prices are still very low , typically �2k/�4k gbp. :thumbsup:

Hey. ..LTNS!
I love my car. Buy your own