Offline M500

LOL!

My wife was told by the SA at Adelaide Motors that the reason the navigation screen, climate control and radio would turn
Off randomly was because she doesn't take it for a long enough drive and that the X6 is designed for "more long distance driving". All was sorted when I called and asked him for a logical explanation.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

(We sold the Q7 after 4 months!!)

After numerous BMWs and Benzes, I've considered Audi but have always wondered about reliability.  I once joked to the missus upon seeing an Audi on the roadside with its bonnet up that it was "in its natural state".  Every time I mention an Audi to her, she reminds me of this remark.  It ain't gonna happen.  :)

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
LOL!

My wife was told by the SA at Adelaide Motors that the reason the navigation screen, climate control and radio would turn
Off randomly was because she doesn't take it for a long enough drive and that the X6 is designed for "more long distance driving". All was sorted when I called and asked him for a logical explanation.
Ah - our good ol local BMW dealership service dept - I recently questioned their pre-delivery preparation of new cars as my X5 had severe shoulder wearing of one of the rear tyres by 5000kms!! The kid they sent out to explain to me tried to tell me bout the natural camber of roads in a RHD market etc - I gave him heaps of rope - then asked him - "using ur logic, which tyre should then wear out sooner?"- he gave his answer all so smugly until I pointed out to him - my very point is the other tyre was the one with the premature wear!!  :p
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks

After numerous BMWs and Benzes, I've considered Audi but have always wondered about reliability.  I once joked to the missus upon seeing an Audi on the roadside with its bonnet up that it was "in its natural state".  Every time I mention an Audi to her, she reminds me of this remark.  It ain't gonna happen.  :)
To be fair - the Q7 3.0 TDI was a fantastic engined vehicle but it was a huge car!! Everytime my wife drove it, she came back cursing as she could not get any parking at Stateswim, shopping centres etc as the car straddled the parking lines due to its width! She ended up confiscating my daily and made me drive the Q7!! :doh:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ah - our good ol local BMW dealership service dept - I recently questioned their pre-delivery preparation of new cars as my X5 had severe shoulder wearing of one of the rear tyres by 5000kms!! The kid they sent out to explain to me tried to tell me bout the natural camber of roads in a RHD market etc - I gave him heaps of rope - then asked him - "using ur logic, which tyre should then wear out sooner?"- he gave his answer all so smugly until I pointed out to him - my very point is the other tyre was the one with the premature wear!!  :p

Love it!  :D

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Thanks for all the replys. Might just do the call around interstate and see if the deal on the table is reasonable. If not negotiate with the local dealer to sharpen the price.