Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Why do people try to get wholesale prices from dealers?   Not having a go at anyone in particular but pretty often people on this forum quote wholesale price as the price of what a car is worth. Which IMO is completely wrong.

If you are a dealer fine, but dealers have to honour warranty, maintain a showroom, pay staff, make a profit etc...
How can a dealer stay in business if people expect to buy as a retailer with wholesaler rules????

Wholesale price is not relevant to the general consumer, nor should it be.   

A rough import early model 360 may be only worth $85k as wholesale, but that is NOT what the car is worth to the end consumer (almost all of us on the forum)...

I'm the first to have a winge about a dealer making a seemingly large markup when they sell one of my cars, but really in the end as a business man I can understand a lot of their commision goes into overheads and other expenses that may come afterwards.

Just thinking out loud.

Ferrari 360 MODENA (2000) in ROSSO CORSA (Automatic)  $109,990
(02) 8668 5558

Description
FERRARI 360 MODENA 2000 AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED, ROSSO CORSA WITH BLACK LEATHER, F1 SHIFT, CHALLENGE GRILL, RED CALIPERS, CRESTED GARDS, LOG BOOK SERVICE HISTORY, *** NOTE PLEASE CALL PRIOR AS WHOLESALE CARS COME AND GO DAILY ***
Specification
Manufacturer Ferrari
Model 360 MODENA 
Transmission 
Fuel Premium Unleaded
Kms 56406
Class Sports
Year 2000
Price $109,990
Doors 2 
Colour ROSSO CORSA

Just click on the link and you see a 360 for sale it says NOTE PLEASE CALL PRIOR AS WHOLESALE CARS COME AND GO DAILY ***
So my content stands in this case. 

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Jemson has always had that disclaimer, been a few years now that i've noticed it. He puts that on all his ads.

*edit* Also Racecomp I wasn't meaning you, merely your writing just reminded me from thoughts I had before as i've seen people on here saying a 360 or 430 is worth "X" amount because that is what wholesale or trade in value is.

Just mentioning that wholesale price is wholesale for a reason, retail is retail, completely different pricing.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Jemson has always had that disclaimer, been a few years now that i've noticed it. He puts that on all his ads.

*edit* Also Racecomp I wasn't meaning you, merely your writing just reminded me from thoughts I had before as i've seen people on here saying a 360 or 430 is worth "X" amount because that is what wholesale or trade in value is.

Just mentioning that wholesale price is wholesale for a reason, retail is retail, completely different pricing.

Cool in that case can you get me an wholesale 360 in full retail condition plaese  ;)

Offline Michael458

• Drives: Ferrari
I agree with you guys but I have found that Jemson motors has very well priced cars on carsales comparing to any other "wholesaler" or retailer like prestige autotraders I have dealt  with them in the past  to same sort of concept Internet is the biggest food advertising for that type of trade you have to be competitive or you won't last simple as that. I can't remember the last time I drove to parramatta rd to look for a car! Those days are gone

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I AM VERY INTERESTING ALSO!111!!!!SS

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Why do people try to get wholesale prices from dealers?   Not having a go at anyone in particular but pretty often people on this forum (including my self sometimes) quote wholesale price as the price of what a car is worth. Which when i'm thinking about it logically, is completely wrong.

If you are a dealer fine, but dealers have to honour warranty, maintain a showroom, pay staff, make a profit etc...
How can a dealer stay in business if people expect to buy as a retailer with wholesaler rules????

A rough import early model 360 may be only worth $85k as wholesale, but that is NOT what the car is worth to the end consumer (almost all of us on the forum)...

I'm the first to have a winge about a dealer making a seemingly large markup when they sell one of my cars, but really in the end as a business man I can understand a lot of their commision goes into overheads and other expenses that may come afterwards.

Just thinking out loud.

All very true.

At the end of the day a particular car sells for whatever price two people can agree on - the buyer and the seller.
Why such a long face?

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
Why do people try to get wholesale prices from dealers?   Not having a go at anyone in particular but pretty often people on this forum (including my self sometimes) quote wholesale price as the price of what a car is worth. Which when i'm thinking about it logically, is completely wrong.

A rough import early model 360 may be only worth $85k as wholesale, but that is NOT what the car is worth to the end

consumer (almost all of us on the forum)...

Just thinking out loud.

can you offer wholesale/trade-in on a private car seller then? since you being the buyer has to take on the risk?

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

can you offer wholesale/trade-in on a private car seller then? since you being the buyer has to take on the risk?

Can who offer wholesale/trade-in on a private car seller then? Who are you directing this question to Matty?

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
Can who offer wholesale/trade-in on a private car seller then? Who are you directing this question to Matty?

sorry, i mean is it common practice as a private individual to go on car sales/gumtree and say to the seller your car is worth 80k wholesale (redbook) and 110k retail so ill offer you 85k as im taking on the risk of purchasing privately when compared to a dealer

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

Why not? I've actually never bought a car in Australia from a private seller. Nothing to do with finance ( never financed a car before, been suggested that I need a better accountant????). But people tend to normally sell privately because they are unhappy with the trade in price. But I've always found dealers to be more realistic with their pricing ( excluding the main dealers), and at certain times of year or in a sales slump, dealers will want to move stale stock before they start loosing on a car, where as privates will hold on for that magical high price.

Not that a dealers warranty is worth anything ( especially on a used car).

You can Always find exceptions but generally this is the case.
Enjoying Life!!!!