Offline simsko

• Name: Simon
One of many things I have learned in business, If you dont have the money to fund it, 9 out of 10 times its doomed,

This is constructive criticism not looking to knock the entire effort.

I agree with you there to an extent. I run from anyone trying to base their business model on government money and grants. The difference I see here is that this is getting in the last push rather than starting from scratch.

Offline simsko

don't get me wrong, I'm all for them to succeed, but i bet if someone gave them 10 million they would still be a mile off finishing.

I'd love to know what you are basing your financial projections on:).

Offline dkabab

I'd love to know what you are basing your financial projections on:).

you're clearly involved with them in some way, and thats no problem. Feel free to tell us what you do with joss and how far away they are. In the grand scheme of things, 450k is not a lot of money. if thats all thats stopping them producing their car on whatever scale they are planning, it doesn't seem like a large jump. Why can't they get a loan from the bank for the remaining investment?

Im not trying to belittle Joss, I'm just saying that the figures don't stack up. over the last 10 years... nothing has happened.
the company has been around for 16 years, and all they have made is one car, which from memory is based on a ultima gtr chassis.

theres a reason its never come to fruition, and its sad to see... but in todays day an age, they either need to come on the scene with something game changing like pagani did, or fit in with price, like noble/tvr.

Offline simsko

you're clearly involved with them in some way, and thats no problem. Feel free to tell us what you do with joss and how far away they are. In the grand scheme of things, 450k is not a lot of money. if thats all thats stopping them producing their car on whatever scale they are planning, it doesn't seem like a large jump. Why can't they get a loan from the bank for the remaining investment?

Im not trying to belittle Joss, I'm just saying that the figures don't stack up. over the last 10 years... nothing has happened.
the company has been around for 16 years, and all they have made is one car, which from memory is based on a ultima gtr chassis.

theres a reason its never come to fruition, and its sad to see... but in todays day an age, they either need to come on the scene with something game changing like pagani did, or fit in with price, like noble/tvr.

I have no involvement with them what so ever. This is done out my choice because I have a passion for tech companies being created in Australia and am a car enthusiast. I have been tracking their progress for the last couple of years and am simply a fan.

I work in venture capital but I am not an investor or employee of Joss. www.infinitecreativity.com.au. I am in full fund raising mode for our vc firm and this is something that is synergistic in the sense that is raising money as well.

Offline Tiger

I have no involvement with them what so ever. This is done out my choice because I have a passion for tech companies being created in Australia and am a car enthusiast. I have been tracking their progress for the last couple of years and am simply a fan.

I work in venture capital but I am not an investor or employee of Joss. www.infinitecreativity.com.au. I am in full fund raising mode for our vc firm and this is something that is synergistic in the sense that is raising money as well.

Fancy chucking me a mill, it would save a lot of hard work with my project. :thumbsup:
Roll on summer

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Every time someone uses the word synergy or synergistic in a business sense it throws a shiver through me. I'd recommend throwing a mil Tigers way. I'd put money (say $10) on his project having a better chance of being finished.

Offline adam01

Every time someone uses the word synergy or synergistic in a business sense it throws a shiver through me. I'd recommend throwing a mil Tigers way. I'd put money (say $10) on his project having a better chance of being finished.

I'll put $5 each way  :-D

Offline Tiger

Put me in for a $50 what are the odds?   :D
Roll on summer

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
The words "track car" scare me to be honest. Will post more tonight and start a topic on my track / gte / gt3 project
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline simsko

Every time someone uses the word synergy or synergistic in a business sense it throws a shiver through me.

Completely agreed. I should get rid of that word from my vocabulary.