• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Sensational. I can't wait to buy one for $10k in 10 years time :)

Only one flaw in the logic- at least half the electronic systems in the car will no longer work and will require replacement parts that no longer exist. That's why a 10 yr old 7 Series is worth all of $10k :p

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Only one flaw in the logic- at least half the electronic systems in the car will no longer work and will require replacement parts that no longer exist. That's why a 10 yr old 7 Series is worth all of $10k :p

Aftermarket computers will sort all of that out - and new LCD integrated displays that you can retrofit will mean the old beast runs better and provides more running info than the builders could have ever imagined.

Won't be original, but will be reliable!
C'mon, do it!

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The previous shape 7 series are getting damn cheap now. A lot of car for the money but best purchased by the vision impaired...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

The previous shape 7 series are getting damn cheap now. A lot of car for the money but best purchased by the vision impaired...

A friend bought a 740 "Bangle era" brand new when he semi-retired. Cost him over $250k and now it is constantly falling apart, particularly in the electronics department where bugger all still works. He can't bear to trade it in and take the loss, it is worth literally $10k.

Offline M500

A friend bought a 740 "Bangle era" brand new when he semi-retired. Cost him over $250k and now it is constantly falling apart, particularly in the electronics department where bugger all still works. He can't bear to trade it in and take the loss, it is worth literally $10k.

Similar story with sane vintage S-Class

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer