Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
They have only confirmed 5 to come to Australia at this stage with all 5 being taken by Lexus Australia and NOT to be sold to the public. Lexus Australia are in the process of securing 2 for sale to the public (I don't see how they can call it the public as 12 people on the waiting list and they will sell on first come first paid deposit basis).  Price tag $750,000.

Allocations are:
1 for QLD
1 or 2 for NSW
1 or 2 for VIC
1 as their press car

Wow all this hype for a Toyota..... Hope it's throttle body doesn't go hay-wire like the rest of their range.....

They should have brought it out as the new supra, Reduced the costs of it and done production line like the GTR, and does anyone know if Toyota is making a profit out of the LFA? JUst quickly thinking out loud, but doesn't look like there is going to be much of a profit margin when you consider the amount of money that would go into research and development of a car of that callibre which they have never attempted before....
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dkabab

it really is a GTR competitor.... $150 - 200k would have sold well, at $750k only a few wanting the rarity will buy. it WILL depreciate very quickly though.

in regards to the Lexus buy back thing, do they have to have a minimum offer or is it at market value.

Offline Mr Enzo

Going off power specs alone its got 412kw which makes its rivals the LP560 , 458 and a GT2 for considerably less $$$$$
Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline Rossgo

• That Auzrun Guy

They should have brought it out as the new supra, Reduced the costs of it and done production line like the GTR

You have to look at the reasoning behind the LFA.  The objective isn't really to produce a Supercar that is worth that price tag. 

The objective is to get it to be a pin up car for young kids and mid 20's guys so they can see them-self in a Lexus and for having a Lexus to be a 'cool' thing.

The way to do that, bring out something crazy and get people talking about it all over the world (regardless people agreeing with it or not) and slowly start to change the target market of a lexus owner to 55yrs + to mid 30's. 

P.S - I Agree they should bring out a supra update though on GTR levels.  I think that might be hard now they have got the LFA though   :doh:
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work & learning from the f*** ups.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

You have to look at the reasoning behind the LFA.  The objective isn't really to produce a Supercar that is worth that price tag. 

The objective is to get it to be a pin up car for young kids and mid 20's guys so they can see them-self in a Lexus and for having a Lexus to be a 'cool' thing.

The way to do that, bring out something crazy and get people talking about it all over the world (regardless people agreeing with it or not) and slowly start to change the target market of a lexus owner to 55yrs + to mid 30's. 

P.S - I Agree they should bring out a supra update though on GTR levels.  I think that might be hard now they have got the LFA though   :doh:

I understand, the logic but how can they change the target market by bringing out a massively overpriced one off????  Besides that most people in their 20 and sometimes 30's may still have no chance of purchasing a brand new Lexus

Edit: oh well, they might have a plan, but if it works is another story
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Saw this a while ago but didn't post it cos, well, I don't care - but Toyota have recently renewed their trademark on the Supra name.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Saw this a while ago but didn't post it cos, well, I don't care - but Toyota have recently renewed their trademark on the Supra name.

lol Ash, I hope a new Supra comes out anyway, but they probably would have renewed the trademark anyway....
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Rossgo

• That Auzrun Guy

I understand, the logic but how can they change the target market by bringing out a massively overpriced one off????  Besides that most people in their 20 and sometimes 30's may still have no chance of purchasing a brand new Lexus

I know what you're saying, if you were the person in charge of it lets just say you'd have a bit of pressure on your shoulders  :scared: 

I think it's slowly working though.  Aston Martin have managed it/are managing it (at a slower pace) with the DBS and revamp of the Vantage a few year back.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work & learning from the f*** ups.

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Can't find an LFA-only thread, so Ash can move this if needed, but here's a video of an LFA Roadster. Did it even get officially released or anything yet?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3znhvYLTio" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3znhvYLTio</a>

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
a white LF-A at the balckburn lexus dealer .... looks hot ... will give them a visit in coming weeks
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/