Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
really? he didn't seem THAT good!!! He was very conservative.....that's why I thought it was an improved you!

well it wasn't his car to destroy, he actually cares about machinery, there are many pro drivers who couldn't give a rats toss. When I told him the value of the car and the fact its the only one left with matching ID numbers....he took it onboard, mind you I did shit myself whilst he was out there, once I saw the footage I realised he was very conservative.

Point of note, the car needs another 150hp and different gearing for Mallala and the motorsport festival in Vic park. It will have the extra HP and gearing done by then. its currently running 475hp.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Tiger

it was a michelotto, ask Scott, he's got one, its a very difficult car to drive in comparison to the CH

All of them in the race Michelotto's?
Roll on summer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

that i dont know, MM told me Simonsen was in a michelotto
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
well it wasn't his car to destroy, he actually cares about machinery, there are many pro drivers who couldn't give a rats toss.

You're not wrong!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Who goes that hard out the pits! I'm sure that teacher 101 is start off slow and work into a pace that you can control.
ASR will help under power on cold tyres you have more chance of rear end grip issues than the frontend pushing on.

In my experience you have to be super careful with the front end for the first lap and that is with very careful warming up of the slicks. If you pussyfoot around like a beginner does you may not ever get the slicks up to operating temperature.

The Michelotto is a very different beast to a 360 Challenge. It is positively EVIL when tyres and brakes are cold. You have to be able to drive it at a certain level before everything warms up and the aero works. Below that level of pace the car is at best very difficult to drive, and at worst it wants to kill you.

I have driven 360 Challenge cars a few times, they are a lot slower and softer and a bit more user friendly; but the equation with slicks is very similar.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I don't recall the year that they stopped using the Michelotto GT2 spec cars; but in 2004 they definitely were. A Michelotto in standard spec (mine is British GT with higher downforce) is rated at 1.5 secs per km faster than a 360 Challenge. Most of that is due to better aero.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

well it wasn't his car to destroy, he actually cares about machinery, there are many pro drivers who couldn't give a rats toss. When I told him the value of the car and the fact its the only one left with matching ID numbers....he took it onboard, mind you I did shit myself whilst he was out there, once I saw the footage I realised he was very conservative.

Point of note, the car needs another 150hp and different gearing for Mallala and the motorsport festival in Vic park. It will have the extra HP and gearing done by then. its currently running 475hp.

I haven't driven a F5000 so take it with a grain of salt; but that looked like a very aggressive way to warm up the slicks to me. Simonsen always taught me to be smooth and warm them using acceleration and braking with gentle, broad left to right sweeps across the track. Never spin the wheels up or aggressively or twirl the steering wheel to do sharp nips and tucks across the track.

He was obviously being very conservative in the race and looking after the car- good to see  :thumbsup:

Offline Tiger

I don't recall the year that they stopped using the Michelotto GT2 spec cars; but in 2004 they definitely were. A Michelotto in standard spec (mine is British GT with higher downforce) is rated at 1.5 secs per km faster than a 360 Challenge. Most of that is due to better aero.

Get it out do some laps FFS
Roll on summer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer