Offline perpetual

Hi Guys,

I want to buy an Esprit V8, and wanted to know if anyone on here would know where I could find one ?. A guy I know bought a yellow one in Sydney last week, and has already onsold it for a good earn, and he is looking for more. I want to find another, and have looked in all the usual places, and cannot find any. I can't import one 'cos of the rules, and so I am looking for options ??. Any clues to finding one ?.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
You mean he paid anything up to the $110k ask and then onsold it for even more, for that POS? Wow. Mine must be worth $200k+   :doh:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline perpetual

Hi Andecorp,

Can you help with another V8 ?. It must be a 96-98 car, and if it had the modified gearbox internals and enhanced engine management similar to my colleagues car that would be great. Please let me know.

Offline andecorp

Hi Andecorp,

Can you help with another V8 ?. It must be a 96-98 car, and if it had the modified gearbox internals and enhanced engine management similar to my colleagues car that would be great. Please let me know.
You do know that you're asking for the worst of the bunch? The engine management costs $600, the gearbox is peanuts too. What you should be asking is if it's had the liners done ($30k job).
Anyway, I don't know anyone that has one as nobody in the know wants those things.
People only want the S4s, Sport300 or late V8's.

I find it amazing that he paid that kind of money for that car and not only that, he found a wood duck that paid him even more for it! Not only it's an undesirable model, but that particular car needed a BIG discount due to its history.

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
You do know that you're asking for the worst of the bunch? The engine management costs $600, the gearbox is peanuts too. What you should be asking is if it's had the liners done ($30k job).
Anyway, I don't know anyone that has one as nobody in the know wants those things.
People only want the S4s, Sport300 or late V8's.

I find it amazing that he paid that kind of money for that car and not only that, he found a wood duck that paid him even more for it! Not only it's an undesirable model, but that particular car needed a BIG discount due to its history.

^^^^ what he said ... faulty original engine liners on mine cost Lotus a new engine!

Offline andecorp

^^^^ what he said ... faulty original engine liners on mine cost Lotus a new engine!
You do know why that was, don't you? The sealant supplier (can't remember who, but a household name) send the wrong sealant labelled as the correct one. This was disclosed in court.
So all V8's until mid '99 when Lotus caught on to the fact, had faulty liner sealant.
Lotus did a full recall and got them all fixed. Apart from Australia, where the Smiths pocketed the $ and didn't do the cars, so a lot of early Australian V8's are time bombs unless they've been fixed already.

Offline westyexotic

Perpetual,
 How much you looking to spend?

97 V8 in Norfolk Yellow with about 32ks on the clock.

Not that I am looking to sell. Just curious more than anything.

PM me

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
You do know why that was, don't you? The sealant supplier (can't remember who, but a household name) send the wrong sealant labelled as the correct one. This was disclosed in court.
So all V8's until mid '99 when Lotus caught on to the fact, had faulty liner sealant.
Lotus did a full recall and got them all fixed. Apart from Australia, where the Smiths pocketed the $ and didn't do the cars, so a lot of early Australian V8's are time bombs unless they've been fixed already.
Wow ... no I hadn't followed it that closely.  I remember my car was the trigger where the first problems showed up in 1997-8 ... and yes all they told me is that it was the liners.  Basically it started to gradually drink all it's coolant ... I was going through about 4 litres every 200 miles.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Yes the wikiandre knows all.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

where the Smiths pocketed the $ and didn't do the cars
wash your mouth out with soap and water!