Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Greetings peoples. I have noticed a bit of an error in the tax calculator thing, it appears to calculate but not add the 5% duty. Allow me to explain with the nice round sum of $100k (https://aussieexotics.com/calculators/vehicle-import-costs/?value=100000)

Duty: $5000
GST: $10900
LCT: $18730
Sum: $34630

The calculator buts the sum of taxes (Duty+GST+LCT) at $29630 which is exactly $5000 less than the number I calculated which is conveniently equal to the 5% duty. I've tried it on a few different numbers and the taxes sum always excludes the duty so yeah, just thought I'd point it out :)

Gah - how did I miss that? :doh:

I feel it is my duty to fix it... done. :cool:

Offline Stikk

Gah - how did I miss that? :doh:

I feel it is my duty to fix it... done. :cool:

Wow, that was quick! Also, sorry for posting in the wrong thread :?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Wow, that was quick! Also, sorry for posting in the wrong thread :?

It's cool - cheers for letting me know - it gets used about 20-30 times a day so worth keeping relatively accurate.

Offline gbk12

Hi all, long time lurker on the forum.

Have an opportunity to live in the UK for a year or so and I am thinking of purchasing a RR Phantom for the purpose of setting up wedding/chauffeur business back in Melbourne.  They seem to go for around GBP100k-130k with low milage and what not which even after the taxes etc makes them alot cheaper then back in Australia.

Has anyone imported a vehicle recently via the 'Personal Import' scheme?, the custom valuation is confusing me. Will the accept the invoice price I paid for the car or want an independent valuation done locally, in which case the taxes would likely be much higher.

Also my girlfriend will be with me for the year which leaves another possible import which she could take back. I was thinking of buying something exotic and taking it back home as well to sell. However I think its too much risk/hassle to take this option. Anyone have opinions?

Cheers,

GBK.

Offline Staz88

• Drives: Lotus Exige
  • Name: Mark

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Has anyone here got the contact details for ... was it Deb who did the importing/race car importing thing on here as a sponsor???

Thanks Al
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Has anyone here got the contact details for ... was it Deb who did the importing/race car importing thing on here as a sponsor???

Last time I chatted with her (last year) she was here: drobinson@jasaustralia.com

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Offline au-yt

• Drives: Ferrari 456M GT
Hi All
I am probabbly covering old ground here so please be gentle if I am.
Story today on Piston heads
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27301&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2013-3-12

2WD list price new with options 141,000. UKP using the LCT and Xchange rate calculator  I get a local price of 280,916.00 AUD
The Local listed price as at
http://www.carpoint.com.au/showroom/results.aspx?Ns=p_HasPhotos_Int32|1||p_IsSpecialOffer_Int32|1||p_Year_String|1||p_ReleaseMonth_Int32|1||p_Make_String|0||p_Family_String|0&N=3041%204294954036%204294843321%202994%202951&TabID=2607999&sid=12763F6BADDE

taking the local Australian Base manual 2WD the listed dealer price is 409.500.00 AUD

thats a 128K difference... no wonder the resale is awful

Graeme
Life's to short to drive boring cars..

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Any post 89 build car needs to be on the SEVS list and u will also need a RAWS workshop to comply it etc! I doubt a newish Lamborghini or Ferrari would be on the SEVS list!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!