Offline Big A

• Drives: 458
Not sure what the difference is between a M4 and a M3, I am guessing very little, I had a M4 for few days, IMO not even in the same league as the new C63s, I was looking for a new DD and tried to decide which one to get, the BMW was dull and underwhelming, I felt very disconnected when I drove it, the C63 on the other hand was fantastic to drive.

I can't wait for mine to get here, unfortunately the dealer stuffed up my order which pushed delivery from late August to October  :doh:
The only difference is in body shape / doors. Mechanically identical I believe.
If you don't mind me asking what sort of a deal did u get on the c63 and did you add any options? Where in oz u located?

Cheers

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Not sure what the exact number is, few thousands off RRP I am guessing, my friend has a very good relationship with the dealer and ordered it for me, I went for a wagon in black, not too many options available other than few different interior trim combinations and wheels, I selected black leather with red inserts, black carbon.

Do yourself a favor and test drive both before you make a decision, this time Benz nailed it, $30k wouldn't be enough to sway me from the Benz and I am not even a Benz fan, I love my Audis but they have nothing fresh until 2016, I will have the Benz until the new RS4 comes out.

Offline Big A

Not sure what the exact number is, few thousands off RRP I am guessing, my friend has a very good relationship with the dealer and ordered it for me, I went for a wagon in black, not too many options available other than few different interior trim combinations and wheels, I selected black leather with red inserts, black carbon.

Do yourself a favor and test drive both before you make a decision, this time Benz nailed it, $30k wouldn't be enough to sway me from the Benz and I am not even a Benz fan, I love my Audis but they have nothing fresh until 2016, I will have the Benz until the new RS4 comes out.
Appreciate the feedback. Will hopefully get to drive both on Wednesday. If the c63 is as good as what most are saying I would be happy to pay the extra dollars for one. Wonder what sort of wait times they have on the c63 at the moment.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
the BMW was dull and underwhelming, I felt very disconnected when I drove it

I have to agree. I had a DCT M4 the other day & took it for a quick 20 minute drive through the hills. I tried different settings inc. everything in sport plus mode, and I just didn't get that "buzz" as I still get in my E90 M3. I was quite disappointed that I didn't love it..... 😔

I was excited to get back in mine....it just feels much more special!

I would love to take a manual M3 to see if that changes my mind.

Offline Big A

I have to agree. I had a DCT M4 the other day & took it for a quick 20 minute drive through the hills. I tried different settings inc. everything in sport plus mode, and I just didn't get that "buzz" as I still get in my E90 M3. I was quite disappointed that I didn't love it.....

I was excited to get back in mine....it just feels much more special!

I would love to take a manual M3 to see if that changes my mind.
I have owned a e90 M3 previously and was very fond of it. I traded it in for a M5 and to be honest with you I much preferred the E90 M3 over the M5.

Offline damiencooke51

Appreciate the feedback. Will hopefully get to drive both on Wednesday. If the c63 is as good as what most are saying I would be happy to pay the extra dollars for one. Wonder what sort of wait times they have on the c63 at the moment.

6 months

Offline Big A

6 months
Just spoke to a local dealer and he said if I wanted it in black I could get one by December. But if I wanted a white one January would be the earliest.
Not in a rush for a car, but you always want a new toy straight away.
The consensus from most people seems to be that the C63 is a better all round car than the M3. Even though I could get into a M3 for about $20k less than the C63 I am starting to sway towards the C63.
I guess the test drive tomorrow will be the deciding factor.

Offline Alpinem3e92

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya9nH_vJVvQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya9nH_vJVvQ</a>

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Big A

Isn't that an old model??
Its the E400. Front end of the E and C is pretty much identical. Back end I actually think the E looks better than the new C.
Though the new C is slightly bigger than the old C63 so the C and E are getting close in size.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate 360c Today at 16:49
[ McLaren ] OFFICIAL - MCLAREN P1 360c Today at 16:39
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home 360c Today at 16:37
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 BenC Today at 16:20
[ Mercedes Benz AMG ] AMG GT R mhh Today at 16:10
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast Condor Man Today at 14:20
[ Off Topic ] The Transcontinental BS thread diabloinoz Today at 09:02
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed JBO Today at 08:07
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread Brenton Yesterday at 21:05
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... mondi Yesterday at 20:56