Offline Big A

• Drives: 458
Appreciate the feedback guys.
I agree I'm surprised they haven't done more with the update. I was talking to a dealer last week and he was telling me that a current stock m3 new would set me back high 150k. Though I'm guessing at 140 add stamp duty of 6k and another 1 k for rego the car should cost 147 before dealer charges. Not sure what dealer charges normally add but you would imagine you can get a dealer to hand you one for 150k.
Still have to go take a look at a c63 but I'm thinking if you can push a dealer to under 140 on a pre lci floor stock vehicle then it might be the way to go. That's a 30k difference on the c63. Is the c63 30k better than the m3?
Once I drive the new m3 I'll let you know what I thought compared to the v8 m3 and m5.

Cheers.

Offline bbb

Hey Al,

Not sure if you have seen the new C63 in the flesh yet but I was in Merc Alexandria on Friday and they had a blue one sitting downstairs in the car park outside the used car section. Not sure if it's still there

Offline Big A

Hey Al,

Not sure if you have seen the new C63 in the flesh yet but I was in Merc Alexandria on Friday and they had a blue one sitting downstairs in the car park outside the used car section. Not sure if it's still there
Hey mate,
U been well? No I haven't seen the c63 yet. Was thinking of dropping in to mb at parramatta this week to take a look. Same time I can pest the guys at trivet Bmw down the road and see how much room there is in the m3 price.
So far my feeling is if I have to pay a little more for the c63 it's worth it. But if I can get the m3 down enough and open up a 20k plus price difference then the m3 might be the way to go.
Remember it's going to be the wife's daily driver so km will be put on it shooting from Syd to gong on weekends. Though I said to her we have to hold on to it for at least three years this time. Costs to much to keep flipping cars.
I just picked up a new 370z as my dd. so no practical cars in the garage.

Offline hydie

As mentioned, the M3 LCI update is minimal, only the LED headlights and new shaped tail lights on the outside.

From July production, M3's include the following additions as standard.
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Lane Change Warning
Adaptive LED Headlights
Driving Assistant
Internet
Head Up Display
ConnectedDrive Freedom
A few different leather options.

If you wanted a quote on something, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm a BMW dealer (northern NSW based but deliver anywhere).

Offline Big A

As mentioned, the M3 LCI update is minimal, only the LED headlights and new shaped tail lights on the outside.

From July production, M3's include the following additions as standard.
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Lane Change Warning
Adaptive LED Headlights
Driving Assistant
Internet
Head Up Display
ConnectedDrive Freedom
A few different leather options.

If you wanted a quote on something, don't hesitate to contact me, I'm a BMW dealer (northern NSW based but deliver anywhere).
Thanks Mate. I will shoot you a pm.

Offline Big A

Seriously some of these sales people at dealerships must have rocks in there head. Spoke to a Sydney bmw dealer today. Have previously bought an m car from them as well. So I contact the dealer and tell them what I'm looking for and ask for a ball park figure of what they can do. Now I don't expect there absolute rock bottom price over the phone as I know they want you in the showroom, but at the same time I've bought from them previously so would expect a figure close to what they could do.
Instead the sales man calls me back and says I have a car that matchs what I'm looking for color and option wise and gives me the line the retail price is $176 and with the $16k price reduction that was announced last week it's $160k. Mind you the vehicle they have is pre lci.
Now if I wanted the retail full ask price I could have worked out the complex mathematical equation of 176 minus 16 myself to come to the figure of 160.
The funny thing is I told the sales man that I'm doing my research and have a good idea on what sort of deals are going around yet he still came back to me with the retail price.
Thanks to Hydie though he has pm me some actual figures that I can work with in making my decision between the m3 and c63.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Seriously some of these sales people at dealerships must have rocks in there head. Spoke to a Sydney bmw dealer today. Have previously bought an m car from them as well. So I contact the dealer and tell them what I'm looking for and ask for a ball park figure of what they can do. Now I don't expect there absolute rock bottom price over the phone as I know they want you in the showroom, but at the same time I've bought from them previously so would expect a figure close to what they could do.
Instead the sales man calls me back and says I have a car that matchs what I'm looking for color and option wise and gives me the line the retail price is $176 and with the $16k price reduction that was announced last week it's $160k. Mind you the vehicle they have is pre lci.
Now if I wanted the retail full ask price I could have worked out the complex mathematical equation of 176 minus 16 myself to come to the figure of 160.
The funny thing is I told the sales man that I'm doing my research and have a good idea on what sort of deals are going around yet he still came back to me with the retail price.
Thanks to Hydie though he has pm me some actual figures that I can work with in making my decision between the m3 and c63.
Wow I'm shocked - not.

Offline Alpine

Big A, I told you what was achievable on a pre LCI drive away

Offline Big A

Big A, I told you what was achievable on a pre LCI drive away
Thanks mate. I will definitely use those figures while negotiating. Will be going to check out options in Wednesday.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Not sure what the difference is between a M4 and a M3, I am guessing very little, I had a M4 for few days, IMO not even in the same league as the new C63s, I was looking for a new DD and tried to decide which one to get, the BMW was dull and underwhelming, I felt very disconnected when I drove it, the C63 on the other hand was fantastic to drive.

I can't wait for mine to get here, unfortunately the dealer stuffed up my order which pushed delivery from late August to October  :doh: