Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
BRM had a test day at our famous track. Organised to take the 430GT3 out and test F1 system for gremlins. Also had Tim Macrow for the day with me to teach me to drive.
The car ran faultlessly for 50 laps until we ran out of fuel. Lots of data and with spare seat in car Tim set off and did a series of laps that had me hanging off the roof. Awesome driver and well accomplished. My usual lap times were always 1.15 to 1.14 and I couldn't for the life of me work out why I wasn't faster.
Tim knocked up a 1.10 with me in car on used tyres, then he directed albeit slowly to understand each corner and braking mark, first lap was a 1.30 then by the 4th lap down to 1.12......I was so stoked I nearly wet myself. Again Tim sets off and he shows how to drive it with ASR off. He clocked a low 1.10 and then I had 16 full laps and pulled best time of 1.11.44 with an average of 1.11.52.
He said if the car had new tyres and single occupant he should be low 1.09 to high 1.08 and with session next week wants to be see me in the 1.09's.
He loved the car and said it was like an F3 with guards on it, he also said the brakes are awesome and he even went on to say he preferred it over a cup car for the way it handles. He usual drive is the Audi GT3 and he said it is very similar.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Well done mate.  Impressive effort to make such an improvement in one day. Two seconds off a pro driver on the day isn't too shabby.
I work that fuel consumption out at 2 litres of Elf per lap. Ouch!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Thats a fantastic improvement and excellent times. Well done champ.  :thumbsup:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
that's sensational

what was he telling you that made a difference?
was he just giving better confidence to break later or was he changing your lines also?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

tiny cost for the enjoyment.

nice work goober, just think what time you could do in a gt3 lambo. :p

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

that's sensational

what was he telling you that made a difference?
was he just giving better confidence to break later or was he changing your lines also?

the intercom shit itself as we started so it was hand signals like rallying of old...........once he showed me where he braked and accelerated and turned I could see the difference in terminal speed. Then when I got got in he just indicated with hand movement brake and accelerate, I was amazed where I thought OMG cant do that, but once done it became easier.
The car doing the lower lap time felt better and easier to drive plus Tim was saying have confidence in the mechanical grip and let the aero do its own thing.

Comes back to the old Ron Barassi mantra, practice makes perfect is bullshit, perfect practice makes perfect.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

tiny cost for the enjoyment.

nice work goober, just think what time you could do in a gt3 lambo. :p

Thanks Roger........yes I have thought about the Lambo, it ticks so many boxes

One dilemma I have is that after 10 years of the 360 and now 430 I have more spare parts than a dealer and can interchange them, the Lambo has german reliable bits in it which I don't have a lot of because Ferrari don't make reliable parts, thats why I buy 2 of everything.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Well done mate.  Impressive effort to make such an improvement in one day. Two seconds off a pro driver on the day isn't too shabby.

Roger is correct, I was always afraid of the fuel cost, but its not that expensive when you take into account other costs.
We averaged 1.5 litres per lap. Just wish Yasser would bring in another 102 fuel........$7.00 per litre is rude

Offline Tiger

BRM had a test day at our famous track. Organised to take the 430GT3 out and test F1 system for gremlins. Also had Tim Macrow for the day with me to teach me to drive.
The car ran faultlessly for 50 laps until we ran out of fuel. Lots of data and with spare seat in car Tim set off and did a series of laps that had me hanging off the roof. Awesome driver and well accomplished. My usual lap times were always 1.15 to 1.14 and I couldn't for the life of me work out why I wasn't faster.
Tim knocked up a 1.10 with me in car on used tyres, then he directed albeit slowly to understand each corner and braking mark, first lap was a 1.30 then by the 4th lap down to 1.12......I was so stoked I nearly wet myself. Again Tim sets off and he shows how to drive it with ASR off. He clocked a low 1.10 and then I had 16 full laps and pulled best time of 1.11.44 with an average of 1.11.52.
He said if the car had new tyres and single occupant he should be low 1.09 to high 1.08 and with session next week wants to be see me in the 1.09's.
He loved the car and said it was like an F3 with guards on it, he also said the brakes are awesome and he even went on to say he preferred it over a cup car for the way it handles. He usual drive is the Audi GT3 and he said it is very similar.

Great work Goober, no stopping you now mate. I stopped using the ASR in the 360ch it is rubbish.
You beat my PB on my bike!
Roll on summer

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes