Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline tdc911

I would still personally select a 918 or LaF over the P1.  But none are as awesome as the F1

I don't always agree with your opinion, probably disagree more often than not. However, pretty much everything you have posted in this thread has me nodding. Not sure 'boring' is the right word but in my opinion every car post-F1 from McLaren has been too methodical.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I don't always agree with your opinion, probably disagree more often than not. However, pretty much everything you have posted in this thread has me nodding. Not sure 'boring' is the right word but in my opinion every car post-F1 from McLaren has been too methodical.

yes, i'm not sure what to call it. Hence my question in Post #2. as you say, maybe not boring, perhaps sterile...  I dont know...

there's no doubt their product is fantastic, but their brand and vehicles just seem to lack some of that "I want it on a poster when i'm 12 years old" factor or something.

Kind of like when people say Porsches have no soul (and I get why people say that as some models dont, especially Panamera Cayenne etc etc), i feel that way about the McL cars of today.

but that Purple looks nice, Purple is actually my favorite colour on a car.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I'm not fussy!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline JBO

first pic.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Tiger

Sweet they will be booked for Adelaide next year then :thumbsup:
Roll on summer

Offline JBO

Offline JBO

to be launched in New York next month…

McLaren CEO Mike Flewitt has revealed some new details about the upcoming Sport Series.
In an interview with Car & Driver, Flewitt confirmed their entry-level model line will carry the familiar "power-output-then-letter pattern" of models such as the 675LT which was recently unveiled in Geneva.
The executive went on to say the Sport Series will be launched with two different coupe variants that both start with the number "5."  He declined to go into specifics but confirmed there will be an entry-level C variant and a higher performance S variant.  Speaking of the latter, Flewitt said the S variant is "almost our ideal specification" as it has "more power, more focus and so on.”
Flewitt went on to say the company will eventually offer a Long Tail variant and confirmed the model will be priced against either the Porsche 911 Turbo or Turbo S - depending on the market.
As a refresher, the McLaren Sport Series will debut at the New York Auto Show and feature a carbon-fiber monocoque chassis and a detuned version on the company's twin-turbo 3.8-liter V8 engine which is connected to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Source: Car & Driver