Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That is interesting. Do you think its because of the colour?

How about compared to the Murcielago? I think big Lambo's must take the cake for "look at me" factor

(Excluding the 918 of course)

The Lambo initially but I drove it so much that everybody was sick of it in the end I think. :p

Offline Joel

The Lambo initially but I drove it so much that everybody was sick of it in the end I think. :p

No1 can ever say you're not a people pleaser Mark.

Offline jamesatfish

But for those who have already had one or several Fezzas and Lambos, or still have one...that's the market segment I reckon. They have cash, they've had italian, now they want something different. The McLaren is certainly that.

I'm in pretty much this exact situation.  The Balboni is my 2nd Lambo and I've had it for nearly 3 years, so I've been thinking of what to try next.

I'd buy an Aventador in a heartbeat but I really want a roadster and I can't afford the $600K+ asking price on the used market.

The Huracan is immensely quick but I don't think it's special enough to drop $200K on the changeover from the Balboni.

I've never been a Ferrari fan (at least not of the modern cars) so the 458 is out.

A 12C or 650S seems to tick all the boxes.  They're rapid, they turn heads, come in suitably outrageous colours, are still fairly rare on the roads and have the bonus appeal of funky doors, and a 12C Spider is about the same money as my Gallardo was when I bought it.

If I had $350K to spend on my very first supercar then it'd be Lambo all the way, but after 6 years of ownership I'm keen to try something different.