Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

You may be surprised(or maybe not) just how unprivate your life is............there is so much data out there on everyone that it doesn't matter anyway.
I see some of the behind the senses stuff and 1984 has nothing on what is in place now days!   

You still couldn't find that person we discussed a while back though ;)
I still reckon you can stay off the radar if you want to.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You still couldn't find that person we discussed a while back though ;)

That one I still believe "fell" off the radar before a lot of this digital tracking started up. I ran out of my "free" resources and the boundaries of our legal system. I still think I could find them but from this point it will cost money.  :p

If you want to stay off the radar, then you would have to erase your digital foot print in such a way that the trail could not be picked up on down the track. If you have ever had a mobile phone, you will have an extensive foot print already so you would have to stay off the grid completely, ever getting a Burner won't help, they are still very traceable and more so now days with the Terror laws in place. You would have to go old school with everything including cash. Then there is the issue of going to the bank to get more cash out unless you have enough stashed somewhere to last a life time.............

And there is also the face recognition network of camera that are increasing everyday. Plus the DNA database.........

It could be done but it's getting harder.

Offline 308GTSqv

I was fixing the 000 computers in Surrey Hills in Sydney 30 years ago and didn't have any digital footprint, or so I thought.

When I got 000 back up and running the cops asked me what my license number was to test the system ............ dumb move for me, they not only knew all me driving history but they knew how many loans I had and if I was a good credit risk.

Now this was 30 years ago they had the ability to cross-reference databases so I would expect things have only gotten worse.
if you think you're faster than me you're wrong

Offline 308GTSqv

That one I still believe "fell" off the radar before a lot of this digital tracking started up. I ran out of my "free" resources and the boundaries of our legal system. I still think I could find them but from this point it will cost money.  :p

If you want to stay off the radar, then you would have to erase your digital foot print in such a way that the trail could not be picked up on down the track. If you have ever had a mobile phone, you will have an extensive foot print already so you would have to stay off the grid completely, ever getting a Burner won't help, they are still very traceable and more so now days with the Terror laws in place. You would have to go old school with everything including cash. Then there is the issue of going to the bank to get more cash out unless you have enough stashed somewhere to last a life time.............

And there is also the face recognition network of camera that are increasing everyday. Plus the DNA database.........

It could be done but it's getting harder.

I tend to agree Mondi, when everyone is bar-coded at birth in an undetectable manner the game is over for privacy
if you think you're faster than me you're wrong

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I tend to agree Mondi, when everyone is bar-coded at birth in an undetectable manner the game is over for privacy

And the ones who don't get barcoded or are too old:

Ever get an eye exam??? Boom!! Retina Map!!!!
Ever get a blood test??? Boom!! DNA on file!!!!
Ever gone to the denitst??? Boom!!! Tracking device in your tooth!!!

Yep, we are free, we have freedom.............keep telling yourselves that!!!!   

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Think I mentioned this once before, a friend of a mate is very high up in Google, he was invited in once and they showed him the first search he'd ever done.

There is no privacy and hasn't been for some time.