Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
probably not everyone's cup of tea on this forum but I'm a Renaultsport fan so here ya go!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/goodwood-festival-speed/renault-takes-nuerburgring-record-megane-rs-275-trophy-r

Australia getting 50 cars

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/renault-megane-rs275-trophyr-to-sell-in-australia-for-about-65000/story-fnda1bsz-1226956386812

video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cpzgoVqC4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cpzgoVqC4</a>
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Paulstar

I like my hot hatches and the new Clio RS has turned my attention towards Renault. This Megane - my cup of tea  :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I owned a 1974 Renault 12 paddock bomb....

And my Volvo 480ES had a Renault engine......

Vive la France!

Err, maybe

Offline JBO

I like my hot hatches and the new Clio RS has turned my attention towards Renault. This Megane - my cup of tea  :thumbsup:

Good to see some love for the hatchery!
However the current clio is a disgrace. soft as butter and the gear change from the crappy paddle is glacial. A disgrace to the RS badge.
The best clios are the 172 the 182 cup and the previous 200 cup. I have a 172 and it's still awesome 12 years later! About to clock up 220,000kms.
With the Meganes the 265 Cup is good (much better on the 18s instead of the 19s) the 275R will be awesome, but you will also be able to get a standard 275 with A/C and rear seats etc for 55k later this year.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Interesting to see how cold it was. I wonder if they would get more grip when it was warmer and do ever better times or whether the car makes more power in the cold air and laps faster because of it. Some of the handling looked pretty scary.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Australia getting 50 cars

Here's hoping the Adelaide dealer takes better care fixing these, than they have done with cars in the past!

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Here's hoping the Adelaide dealer takes better care fixing these, than they have done with cars in the past!
Steve Cramp at Manta should be able to service it.

Offline JBO

I get mine done by a private guy who has direct experience as a Renault tech. His labour is no cheaper than dealer but he's very good and I buy my parts from the UK at a fraction of the local cost.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Don't all Renault cars now come with free servicing for the warranty period to combat the negative reliability image they have?
I recall Peugeot and Citroen doing the same.