Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Thanks mtarone - you've been there for me right from the start.  :thumbsup: :p

Things are going well so far.  I've paid for the car (to a dealer I've never met for a car I haven't seen :)), organised insurance (not easy if you don't live there), booked the clearbra (200km from the dealer and a 5 day job), arranged registration (technically I should be a resident), booked flights and accommodation (now need to move them due to clearbra taking so long), booked a rental car with Avis (and got into a fight with Hertz who didn't want to refund despite saying I could cancel) confirmed storage (thanks to CondorMan we have choices) , found a transport company to bring the car back from Frankfurt in September, arranged for Shannons to cover the car if it ever gets to Australia (no track cover though), and joined the RAC in case of breakdown or accident, and membership needed to apply for a carnet.

Once we have the exact delivery day, we'll lock in our flights/rental car/accommodation again and that's pretty much it until we see the car. It's a LOT trickier than buying a car locally but quite satisfying to work through the problems along the way.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I can't believe how easy you've made this look, but I know it wouldn't have been. Good for you!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I can't believe how easy you've made this look, but I know it wouldn't have been. Good for you!

Work is suffering a bit. :o

I've ordered a complete wrap on the clearbra. It's the first full car 918 Paintshield has done so they are quite excited and have asked if they can publish photos.

I've still to chose a numberplate...

Offline dkabab

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

+1
Incredible effort Mark  :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
you need a PA, or get a better one.

Applying for the job Dave ?
What do you look like in a dress ? 

:p

Offline dkabab

Applying for the job Dave ?
What do you look like in a dress ? 

:p

ha. no but then again, its hardly a chase if someone else does it all for you.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Thanks mtarone - you've been there for me right from the start.  :thumbsup: :p

Things are going well so far.  I've paid for the car (to a dealer I've never met for a car I haven't seen :)), organised insurance (not easy if you don't live there), booked the clearbra (200km from the dealer and a 5 day job), arranged registration (technically I should be a resident), booked flights and accommodation (now need to move them due to clearbra taking so long), booked a rental car with Avis (and got into a fight with Hertz who didn't want to refund despite saying I could cancel) confirmed storage (thanks to CondorMan we have choices) , found a transport company to bring the car back from Frankfurt in September, arranged for Shannons to cover the car if it ever gets to Australia (no track cover though), and joined the RAC in case of breakdown or accident, and membership needed to apply for a carnet.

Once we have the exact delivery day, we'll lock in our flights/rental car/accommodation again and that's pretty much it until we see the car. It's a LOT trickier than buying a car locally but quite satisfying to work through the problems along the way.

Hi Mate,

I received a positive email back from Carole who works with Rod (he is apparently holidaying in Turkey).

She basically said that my original quote would need to be varied based on 7,500 miles and she was therefore having it requoted to a higher amount. This seemed fair to me.....

So perhaps you could do something similar after the first tour?

I will keep you posted if she comes back to me by the end of the UK work week.

Regards

Mini MHH
May the Horse be with you....

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter