Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline cel

Haha thanks Ash!

I was going to open a thread here as well to see what direction I should take it?

They are still very popular, the facebook page now has just over 1000 fans in less than 5 months (thanks to Downshift I made it past the 1k last night as they shared and got me another 50 fans in 20 mins or so last night!) so I'm trying to figure out how to progress.

I've got the option now to upload your own and rate the photos on the site, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice or feedback?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice or feedback?

TBH it's *extremely* niche and probably won't be anything other than a bit of fun for you, I mean how many people are searching for pics of mini supercars? And once you've looked at 3 or 4, you're pretty much done.

If all you want is a bit of a traffic spike and to get in the consciousness of car lovers, one word: Jalopnik.

How to get featured there... dunno.

Edit: also spam the big forums, it's what I did with AE back in the day, it's not like I was selling anything or even cutting a profit back then, I just actually wanted to share my pics of the runs and events and photoshoots we did with as many folk as possible.

Start one thread in each forum, post a bunch of pics with the obvious "click here for more", then as you make more just update the thread. It's much like Facebook I guess in that it disappears from front pages pretty quickly until you update again, then anyone subscribed to that forum sees it.

Edit #2: also with regard to *what* to show, I used to like the row of thumbs followed by a medium size pic etc, with them all linked to their feature page. eg:

Image Image Image Image

It should yeild many more click-throughs, and also you're not being an asshole by plastering buckets of huge images on peoples screens - often handheld devices now - so you're the good guy. :)

Edit #3: lemme know when you've put the Aventador on the site (can only find on flickr), I have a good idea for getting it some attention.

Offline cel

Cool, yeah I understand it's for a tiny  :tilt: market but most of the google searches to celsydney.com are still for the Mini Supercars so I thought I better do something more with them as they might generate quite a bit of traffic eventually.

I'm kinda hoping that it'll become like a Mini Supercars hub where visitors will come daily/weekly for a laugh and have a look at the latest ones, as well as other people creating them and uploading them to the site themselves.

I'm still getting several emails a week of people asking where to buy them etc, so I'm also trying to keep the mystery alive a bit about them :)

I've just posted the Aventador on the site btw, looking forward to seeing what you've got in mind  :thumbsup:

http://minisupercars.com/2012/05/mini-lamborghini-aventador/

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Can't guarantee anything - the internet is a fickle thing, sometimes the best ideas fall to oblivion - but keep an eye on your stats.

Offline dkabab

Mondi.... can you build a minisupercar?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

OMG I just remembered the first time I came across this idea... Way back when AE was barely a tingling in my stubble, I stumbled upon someone who built a Countach replica - in 2/3 scale using a Fiat X1/9, it looked fantastically decent.

It had a weird name that escapes me right now, but I'll post pics and info when I remember.

Offline cel

Can't guarantee anything - the internet is a fickle thing, sometimes the best ideas fall to oblivion - but keep an eye on your stats.

Hehe reddit :) Hopefully it'll catch on!

It just went from 2 reddit views to 41 in a refresh... I'll let you know in the morning :)

Offline cel

Nothing too crazy yet :P 72 visits through reddit and with 296 in total for the day it's been the busiest day so far :D

Now that would be cool!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Mini is actually launching a sportier 2 seat 'speedster' shortly?

Find forums discussing that, gently link to your site, see if you get the attention of one of the agencies who will invariably be promoting the Mini speedster as a mini supercar.
C'mon, do it!